1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard Steering problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varin11, Jan 8, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Car has clocked 40000 KM

BTW What is C7 ::O
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When I do slowly rock and roll of steering at engine idle, I am getting pulsation in steering.
    Is this normal in HPS of MJD ? ::O
    Is there anyone who can clarify ? :anyone
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I felt hard steering issue in my Linea. I reported it last month when I went for ACC upgrade. they changed Elastic Pads & Struts and the issue is completely resolved. the steering feels like a new car. Following post from my ownership thread where I reported this issue.
    (Am surprised why Elastic pads are replaced so frequently. In my Linea, they were replaced in 30K kms service in Oct'10 & now again in Feb'11. The steering started feeling hard after 2nd service. May be something went wrong while replacing elastic pads in 2nd service?)
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Vahan

Dealer did not replaced your sturts twice. It is the only name of the job while replacing elastic Pad
    i.e. Removing & Refitting sturt"

If they would have done,they would have mentioned seperatly part no.& price of the part.

Elastic pads is the most consumable part of Linea. There is some design error in suspension system of Linea
    That's why Linea consumes more elastic pads than Punto.

To get warrantee of Sturt is very difficult .

There is not a single dealer who will replace sturt twice in a 3-4 month wihtout any leakege problem.
    " Itna Dildaar Koi Nahi"
    Only leaky sturt are liable to get warrantee.No warrantee for hard/weak sturt. ::OO :A
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i have hard steering problem n nw my punto pulling left badly 1st it was very negligible but nw i have to hold steering tight i told to ass loads of time but they were sayng it is normal coz of road bend n sometime .. sir ur tyre is too big ....but m using this set from 200kms n nw i jus complited 38400km alsofrom suspension loads of noise cuming from backside
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    guys what exactly are you referring to hard steering? does the steering become more tight to turn? in my case i have felt that the suspension has lost some of its smoothness and I can feel the undulations and potholes in roads more now :mad:
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes. Exactly.

About feeling undulations and potholes in roads is due to weak sturts. I was also facing same situation.
    Problem solved after changing sturts in warrantee. Dealer was not ready to replace in warrantee.
    But I fired him very badly. Then he gave free replacement.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If you see above, the invoice clearly shows - "both struts replaced". The invoice pic from my ownership report is as below

I distinctly remember that during 3rd service, they replaced the struts on my insistence because of some thud noise form suspension. That invoice also carried the same description as above. Summary of that invoice form my ownership report are as below

It can clearly be seen that both Elastic pads were replaced in Oct'10 in 3rd service & again in Feb'11 when I reported hard steering issue. Along with Elastic pads, both front struts were also replaced in Oct'10 as well as Feb'11. :confused

In any case, after Feb'11 visit, the steering has become super smooth - may be even better than when I got delivery of the New Linea 2 years back. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Vahan

My friend don't be in sweet misunderstanding.

CodeNo.325031 is only code no. of job . But where is part no. of sturt ?

If they have really changed any part in warrantee, they should mention the part no. also.

Without mentioning part no. they can't claim warrantee claim to company.

They have not mentioned price of parts so it is crystal clear that they have not replaced struts.

They have mentioned price of Link Front,Elastic Pad,AC PIPE means they really changed these parts.

Then ask dealer why he did not mention part no. & price of sturts.

I had opened my front suspension for 3 times.
    Each time they mentioned .
    Front Suspension Overhauled & Replaced Front Sturts - Warrantee.
    But did not changed sturts.

At 4th time they changed sturts. After that they mentioned as follows

Front Suspension Overhauled & Replaced Front Sturts - Warrantee.

Part No. ************** Front Sturt LH- Warrantee

Part no. *************** Front Sturt RH- Warrantee

I does not have scanner. Otherwise I would have upload the bill image.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    changed Power steering oil.It consumed only 1litre of oil (castrol Rs. 215 per liter). but steering still hard compare to the new car.Elastic pads checked ok which were changed 5-6 months back.my original warranty is expired and my extended warranty is into force now.i am think of first getting the Power steering pressure pump changed to see if it is the culprit and then going to the rack part. Any advise guys.