1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard Steering, clutch

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by madhavnarayanan, Jul 3, 2011.

1. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    i had this same problem.my car coverd 20k
    had changed the clutch assembly..now butter smooth...gear used to be hard to shift specially when using reverse krr krr sound cause clutch wasnt functioning properly.
    but i am amazed how low mileage the clutch and pressure plates have..better change it in gurantee period and take extended warrnty.
    tata motors have launched extended warranty for used cars also if its under 2years original warranty.
    cost for linea was 7100 in delhi
  2. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Jayadev, Mine is not a 90HP, its a normal punto emotion, with normal tyres :) I shall get the CSC checked in corcorde. I dont want to deviate, but my engine also sounds louder compared to others puntos. I did find a thread about noise dampening, but that is not what i was looking for. I feel the sound is not normal, but the SA tells me its normal! any suggestions would be appreciated!
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I too feel hard steering some times. some times the steering get pretty hard and some times soft.These are at different driving occasions. Same is with clutch.I haven't got the changed to the new one.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is due to bad fuel. Change the fuel stations.
    Pump owners are using many ways to decieve the fuel customers

1) To mix white kerosene in Diesel
    2) To mix Blue Kerosene in Diesel
    3) To sell duplicate diesel
    4) To mix used oil,wastege factory chemicals.
    5) Some shameless pump owners are mixing edible oil & scented flower oil also to maintain lubricity of adulterated diesel.:A:rage

My observation is :- In all above mentioned 5 situations Multijet react differantly on adulterated diesel.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Scented flower oil!

The exhaust would smell pleasant then. :evilsmile
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Don't laugh. It is real situation.
    It is information from all news channel & newspapers when Additional Collector of Nashik district killed by Petrol-Mafia.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday I got the Clutch slave cylinder changed to the new steel one under extended warranty from bharti Auto , Mumbai as my clutch was erratic (sometimes hard and soft) after running 53000 Kms in 2 years, 5 months.I got the transmission oil also changed.I could feel the change after the change the clutch has become soft, Gears soft and better pick up.strangely the hardness in the steering is also gone.may be the defective clutch was effecting the engine RPM.The change was pending since last 3-4 months as part was not available with Bharti and other dealers were acting smart to change it under extended warranty.Will get the clutch oil also changed as the Fiat recommended was not available.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ! You are right. Yesterday my car became responsive & drivability became better.
    My daily driving is 100 Km. I was facing driving fatigue daily because of low torque.

Because of sudden increase in performance & torque of engine, my steering became light.

This may be due to better fuel quality .
  9. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i have heard that in sum countries like brazil government gives permission to use Bio Fuel 50% to be exact .. to control the cost of Fossil fuels ..
    it's not being done only in india ..
    can anyone throw sum light on it ????
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Brazil is the world's second largest producer of Ethanol and the largest exporter of it.

So, definitely it can ask its people to use such fuels since they are easily available.

India, already imports 70% of it's total oil needs, and cannot burden itself further by importing these so called ''Bio fuels''.

There is no such thing as a free lunch and bio fuels come with their own set of problems, with a potential to affect world food availability.

Gurjinder.