1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard Steering, clutch

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by madhavnarayanan, Jul 3, 2011.

1. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Guys,

I got my punto in Jan this year, and its covered 8500 KMs. My steering wheel still feels hard like new, and so is the clutch. My fried got his punto just a month earlier and his steering wheel feels amazingly smooth. I checked with the chief mechanic at concorde motors and he says its normal. I dont feel too happy about his response. Please advise!
  2. are the tyres worn?
    is the air in the tyres normal?
    did you upsize your tyres?

clutch on both the cars is the same or does your car's clutch seems to be hard?
  3. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    The tyres are not worn, and I use nitrogen, I also got the pressure checked and it seems alright. I have not upsized the tyres. Clutch on my friends car is smoother, on mine, its a little hard. There is also a jerk while shifting between gears and I have to be very careful to avoid the jerking. Its very smooth shifting between gears in his car.
  4. try getting your wheels balanced and the alignment checked.

try filling a little more air in the tyres and see.

the clutch is something which needs proper checking by the technicians there
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    My Logan had a hydraulic motor failure, which caused this. Get it checked as soon as possible.. You can try Prerana Motors hosur road. The guys name is Surinder Jain. He'll solve it out.:)
  6. Regarding clutch problem, Please check whether your CSC was plastic or Ceramic one one.Even i was facing cluch hard problem and once it was changed to ceramic CSC it became smoother.
  7. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    @srikaratluri: I went out and filled in a point of nitrogen more, and the steeering surely felt better, but only slightly.
    @Jishnu: I got my car from concord, i wonder if prerana would really help me!
    @sreekanthksv: what is CSC mate?
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    punto90hp and emotion pack steering wheel would feel harder due to bigger tires.

clutch slave cylinder. this for actuating hydraulics for clutch. in your case get it checked at service centre, accidental air bubble in hydraulic oil can cause bit of hard clutch feel.
  9. For me TASS SA told that CSC is metal,how come yours is ceramic?

-Sat
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I get ny problem solved from Prerana motors itself. They are quite good.