1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard gear shifting on lesser run Fiat!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by mayank, Jan 23, 2014.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    I was mentioning regular driving, and while doing so make sure you see the vehicle speed in sync to the rpm needle. i.e. when you start to move and by the time you switch to gear 5, you will be doing close to 50kph, now increase throttle input upto 2000 rpm in RPM meter and check the vehicle speed, as stated above, the correct rpm-vs-speed, check if it matches and let us know the result.

Test this after warming up your engine like after driving 4-5kms or so when engine reaches optimum working temperature, never test on a cold engine. HOPE you are taking adequate precautions while doing a speed vs rpm test and also you are not venturing this on unknown roads and in nights. Pl do it in the best roads (no patches/ no trespassing) and the ones you are well aware of and during day time.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A new special tool is available at FASS to align centre of gear rod.
    This alignment of gear shifting plays an important role in gear shifting.
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot for the updat, can you please let me know the name of the tool that i can request for to get done during my second year service / 30000km free service