1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Happy puntoing 2 and half years and going on...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soji, Mar 5, 2013.

1. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,

Finally I decided to write details about my purchase and 1 Year ownership experience of my GP-MJD,

Inspiration from Mr. Anoop after the meeting in Vecto Inauguration at Bangalore.

I am very lazy to write though am interested in reading…..:)

It was in Dec 2011, started thinking about a new vehicle that also diesel hatchback, owning a Petrol Hyundai Santro diverted me for diesel vehicles. Also I am working in Bangalore and needs long travels to my Home town (Bangalore-Kerala(Kattappana-530KM)Kattappana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) in regular intervals. I was looking a car which can handle this long way comfortably both highway and pothole Hill roads.

I had started lot of browsing for searching a new car; I had gone through each and every Car websites, searched for specifications, Details, Features. Visited Team Fiat and Team BHP different threads and also done some TDing in Bangalore and Kochi.

My preference was Swift, because my small town has Maruti authorized dealers and service options. But other manufacturers not having any service centre in my small town though they have sales outlets. I went to TATA dealership in my town for Punto enquiry and they also not shown any interest in selling Fiat vehicles, even they are not kept any Demo Punto in showroom.
    After a long search, pinned down the 3 cars for finalization—Swift, i20, & Punto.
    1) Maruti-Swift (Dropped due to Delivery period for 10 months)
    2) Maruti-Ritz (My wifey don’t like the design, also 3 month delivery Period)
    3) Hyundai-i20 (Out of budget)
    4) VW-Polo (High maintenance cost and Price)
    5) TATA-VISTA (Looks and taxi label)
    Lot of re-thinking considerations of Features and budget, Dropped others with one another reason, Finalized for Punto. My heart told me that Fiat engine is world famous and proved, using by Maruti also.

I can say Team Fiat had helped me to choose my Punto….
    :p

Even my family members also against me for Fiat vehicle, they suggested for Maruti or Hyundai, most of them own that. I thought let me have different vehicle. Even I tried to figure out a Punto in my small town, I found one Punto that was a Taxi!!!
    I have faced lot of odds for getting my Punto, need to get a Vehicle loan from ICICI bank(salary account).Working in Bangalore, Getting vehicle from Cochin and getting a loan for resident of other district is very difficult. Secondly I have to go Cochin 135 KM from my home town for sales, delivery, also for future services/Any Repairs. :eek:
    (Curreently in Bangalore ,So dont have much issues in finding FASS) ;)

Decided to purchase from Cochin Concorde. (Tax difference in Kerala and Karnataka comes near 50 K).I enquired Concorde Bangalore and Cochin, taken the quote for my Punto, in between new ads of Punto 2012 came in News and found that Fiat is going to increase Ground clearance and some other features. I decided go for 2012 model even Concorde have given good offer for 2011 model. I have done my booking on Jan 16, 2012 on my birthday and told sales guy (Mr.Arun) to deliver it before Feb 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Feb 2012(my Daughter Birthday). I preferred the color option of wine red, but that is not available for February delivery, so I opted the Medium Grey color. He offered me to deliver on the same day.

I have applied loan from Cochin and one of my friends who is working in icici bank in my hometown helped for verification clearance. During Loan sanction Final stage sales guy done a forgery of my signature for helping me to speed up the Payment on 31[SUP]st[/SUP] Jan, my loan got rejected, sales guy from icici bank told, If I complain he will lose the job, so he assured me to process the same loan request from HDFC bank with the help of his boss and process within the time. I also agreed -“why somebody’s job should lose due to my complaint”. Processing of loan from HDFC started, later they informed that, not possible to process this loan request because my native not having any HDFC branches is present, also cochin branch not having loan coverage in my native. Even my credit rating was good and also I am privilege account holder in ICICI bank, involvement of top sales guys in ICICI bank made HDFC bank to sanctioned my loan on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Feb 2012. I am the first person to get HDFC car loan from my native.

Using TFI PDI list, verified my Punto also identified the manufacturing as Jan 2012 by VIN number.:)

Due to the delay in loan processing my Punto delivery date shifted to 8[SUP]th[/SUP] February. Finally the date came, my family and friend drive down to Cochin and completed all the sales process and paper work, key handed over at 2PM by Arun the sales guy….The hospitality and atmosphere in Concorde was nice to mention here.We have started around 4 PM and reach Home 10PM due to maintaining the low speed and food stops. Next day I had taken my ride to Church done all rituals and gone for a happy ride with my wife and my daughter..:cool:

Till the date I have completed almost 15K in Odo and done four to five hometown, Munnar and Cochin trips. I am totally happy with the performance of my Punto. Giving a good mileage of 15 -17(With 50% AC in Bangalore city) and 20 to 22 in Highway with 100% AC ( 100 to 120 KM speed).

I have faced the only one problem till the date, AC leaking issue which get rectified it from Concorde Cochin with free of cost. (That is known issue for 2012 models)

First Service I done from Concorde Bangalore and Second service last month completed from KHT.
    Bothe service centre experience was good and not facing any issues with my Punto.

That is all for now… Still enjoying the drive… will come back with more trip details…
    2 people like this.
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Soji.

I hope you are driving in peak traffic hours. I drive a bit late in morning and so a bit late in evening too. I get 17.5 in city (mostly I drive in outer ring road and/or the electronic city-Chandapura-Varthur-Whitefield route) with 70% AC in city drive. Highway drive I get only 20.5 with 100% AC as I drive with fully loaded boot most of time (Mangalore Highway mostly).
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi mightymaveryk,

I am going office in Peak hours 9 to 9:30 from Vivek Nagar to CV Raman Nagar through old Airport road...evening around 7 to 8 PM..
    Traffic some times too bad...
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah. I know that narrow stretch. No other options to you too to cut down traffic at any point of time. :)
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Some pics would do justice to the write-up. :)
  6. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Arkin,

Adding some snaps.... DSC_0101.jpg DSC_0259.jpg DSC_0275.jpg DSC_0321.jpg DSC_0322.jpg DSC_0340.JPG DSC_0359.jpg DSC_0460.jpg DSC_1027.jpg DSC_1070.jpg DSC_1258.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    You will only see those pillows in rear view mirror and not the vehicles in the rear. How do you manage to drive?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Limraj,
    We had a stop after a long drive, that pillows we keeps normally in backseat during drive...center part is open... you can see my daughter is standing and taking out some napkins..
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Actually, if you use both the outer rearview mirrors effectively, you can manage without using the internal one. I use the internal RVM mostly while braking, to esnure that vehicles behind me sufficiently far away and doesnt rear-end me when I brake. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and happy Puntoing, Even i share the same Colour