1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Happy fun with my new 1.3 MJD: 1,20,000 KM Completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anicaution, Oct 15, 2010.

1. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Problem with BLAUPUNKT

From yesterday I started facing problem with BLAUPUNKT music system of my car. It’s in working condition. Issue is with front panel buttons. Not a single button or switches were functioning. Only power ON/OFF and volume switch was functioning.

Today I took the vehicle to Marvelous Motors, Kolhapur.

They taken the vehicle for music system check up. After 1 hr I was told that its issue with front panel and its detached from inside and some part broken and this is due to someone tried to remove the music system etc.

Also they claiming there are scratch etc. on panel so it cannot be done in warranty as per rules.

Some points I would like to make :

1. When I handed over vehicle there were no scratches.
    2. When I called inside and when I observed I found scratches and that should be due to attempts of removal of system may not be properly done.
    3. I suspect that during this process of removal they have damaged to panel.

But very surprisingly service center is declining the responsibility and denial of further action and also warranty.

They have suggested me that you can fit aftermarket music system if I wish.

Anyone can guide...already wrote mail to Service@fiapl
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Completed 75000 Km in 1 year 10 months...
    1 person likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dude, this is some serious driving with your beauty! Getting the max out of her! Way to go :clap
  4. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Hi All,

Two yeas completed....................83,239 Kms............wow.........
  5. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    Man this is some serious driving on most beloved car PUNTO.

Did you got the replacement or repair of your music system? Actually what happened to it? or did you replace it?
  6. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Not received replacement.

System buttons were stopped working. And TASS people done the rest and made it off 100%.

Ani caution
  7. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Hi All,

Today me dear had completed 85,000 Kms.

Bravo!!!

Front left side lock is not working with remote...

Also engine sound is getting more noisy.........especially kin kin........sound........

Is this of timing chain?

As no belts or chain are changed by TASS at my 60 K service interval.

Anicaution
  8. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Hi All,

Last week I came across first breakdown of part of my lovely punto from last 2 years and 1 month.

Front Left Lock failed and got repalced today.

Damage to pocket is 1350/-

I am happy that something happened after 85121 Kms.

Anicaution
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    anicaution , 85k in just 2 years!! Way to go man!:eek:
  10. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Ownership Review after 2 years and 86,249 KM

Hi All,

I became proud owner of beauty on 29th September 2010.

Till date enjoyed every KM of it and that is now 86,249 KM.

It may be the long time to write the ownership review for my lovely BNW Fiat Grande Punto.

But this time I will be doing it on the occasion of Diwali.

Decision:

My first car was Maruti 800 which was used for 2 years,6 months & 33000 KM only.
    In 2008 I purchase Maruti Swift (Petrol) and used for 2 years,3 months & 56000 KM.
    In month of September Government of India raised the petrol prices substantially; I felt it is now time to switch over to diesel. Any way that time I was 3 month time short for changing my car. But due to rise in petrol prices decision came bit early. Swift was sold within 2 days.
    Then I & my wife started process of choosing diesel hatchback. ( I do not like sedans….ha….ha….do not ask why?)

Reasons for elimination of cars by my family as below:
    1. Swift : Rules out as I was using same vehicle; so no one wish to use the same type
    2. Swift Desire : Looks
    3. Hyundai I20 : Ride & Handling ( I was eligible to get 25K corporate discount)
    4. VW Polo : Cramp rear seats
    5. Ford Figo : Not solid & no rear power windows.

My colleague from Pune suggested me to take test drive of Fiat Grande Punto.
    He is associated with vehicle testing for safety regulations. He recommended me Punto as most safe, solid and stable car with giving cautious words to verify the service center feedback at Kolhapur.

So we had test drive and then we were conquered by GP.
    And made the decision against all advisories to go for it with own instincts.
    I was first person in my family to change the car brand in 25 year. Bravo!!!
    (Everyone in my family owns Maruti)

Buying:
    I was in Ahmedabad for audit and the finalization was done by my wife Prity. (C.A. by profession)
    She extracted excellent deal from dealer…

GP Emotion: Free Insurance + Free RSA + Free Extended Warranty + 10,000 Cash discount + Free Seat Cover, Mud Flaps, Matts = 6,25,000/-

She finalized BNW colour befor I reach to Kolhapur because she was damn confident that I will go for RED. (She was against to change family colour i.e. white)

No hassles or issues what’s ever while buying. All things were smooth and got car delivery on 29th September 2010 after registration.
    1. Sales Experience: Good
    2. Delivery Experience: Good (All assured things was completed)
    Continued…
    1 person likes this.