1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Happy 2nd birthday of my GP and 30K kms completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by romsi_rk, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

My GP exactly 2 yrs old, 30K kms done and 3rd service was due today but due to hartal here, postponed for tomorrow, will update those details after the service has ben done.

Let me first start with the sales part in 2009..

When I first saw an ad of Yuvraj Singh in a Punto, i thought I was dreaming. Was it really Fiat or was it a JV with any Indian car manufacturer, and there started my search over the net and read the reviews from almost every auto blogs and I decided that I was going for Grande Punto since it was one of the most sexy looking car made by Fiat in India.

I had many detractors who wanted me to go for a SWIFT since mileage, resale value would be better after 2 or 3 years. I just told them one thing.. ie. Swift has a heart borrowed from Fiat, whereas GP was truly Italian... :D, there silenced many critics.

So on Aug 24th 2009.. i went to a sales outlet in Kannur and paid them advance of 5K and told them that I wanted Emotion Pack, Electric Blue colour, to be honest I didnt know the waiting period......:p

On Sept 5th 2009.. Sales guy calls up and tells me that car has arrived.... I was like WTF.... I was expecting it after a month or so and this guy.. within 10 days says that car has arrived.... To be honest, I didnt apply for loan also. Then started my marathon of getting a good car loan. After going through all bank's loan products, I finally decided for SBT. Eventhough they advertised of loan in 2 days, they finally passed it after a week of running around.

On 18th Sept... I got the DD and went to the sales outlet and handed it over to him and also the chalan for the fancy number booked and he told that on 19th after the registration was over, he would let me know as to when I could take delivery. I was very excited to lay my hands on my very first car.

On 19th Sept.. my wife's aunt told me that after 3pm was a very good time to take delivery of the car. At 4:30 pm the sales guy calls and says that my car was due next and I had to be there. Me and my wife rushed to the dealer and was there by 5pm and we were seated in the huge waiting area and tea was offered and final papers had to be signed and after every thing was over, our wait started and it was like eternity for us.. time was passing and no sign of our car.

At 7:30 pm after many sorry from our Sales Exe, car key was handed over to me and PDI was done and when he read out my car's registration, i almost got a heart attack. The number booked by me and the number given to my car was entirely different. I thought of walking out of there without my car. The sales guy after much dilly dallying and consultation with the owner, assured me that the goof up would be sorted out.

And the next day till one week, I was driving without a number plate. I sent a mail to the Fiat sales head and also spoke to him (name, I am not remembering) and informed him of the goof up done by the dealer. After exactly a week, the GM of the dealer in Kannur rang me and told that issue was sorted out and I had to go to the RTO office. I went there and typed my car's number in the system and yup... i got the same registration number.

From there started my journey with my GP. Initially I was a bit skeptical, eventhough the engine was smooth, good pick up, speed etc..and with all goodies which even the much famed Swift could only dream of.....:dance, the only cons was GC. In the first month of driving I must have scraped the bottom atleast 10 or 12 times and after that I was very careful, eventhough occasional scraping happens due to our "excellent" road condition..... :A

And finally after 30K kms... I can tell you all one thing, this car is awesome. In my 2yrs I have faced only one puncture and my rear left tyre has a little bulge due to which a slight wobbling is there, recently got my Turbo Charger changed under warranty.

I Dont know if my post is boring but it is from my heart that I write all this and too
    because of love for my first car bought with my hard earned money.............:)

I know that I have missed out many things still, I will post it when I remember......;)
    Thank You.
  2. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Congrats on completing 30K kms romsi. As you said handling is very good specially on highway. The GC is a real pain. In my 1.5 months of ownership I have scrapped it many times. The problem increases manifold if the car is fully loaded. :-(
    And who said the write up was boring? It was a good read. :)
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    romsi_rk congratualtions and wish you a happy motoring. :)
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Killer romsi bro, "PICS TOH BANTI HAIN"
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratulations Romsi. You have got a rare and superb color - do post lot of pictures.
  6. Thanks Niranjan for the compliment.... :D

Thanks Kedar.... :p

Thanks Jasveen... pics upload karoonga bhai... wait karo. gaadi workshop main hai. kal milega.... :dance

Thanks Anoop... will upload pics soon..... :cool:
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    One question Romsi sir.....

Does people stare at your Punti whenever you are at Singnal or on main road.

I am experiecing the same thing here in Pune. May be due to Abarth Graphics.
  8. yes kedar sir ji..

My GP is a head turner in the night due to the angel eye headlights and also the HID fogs where as your GP has the Abarth graphics which is really wonderful..... :)
  9. 3rd Service done and mera GP ekdum makkhan jaisa.... :)

Hi Guys!!!

Got my 3rd service done and car feels really very very smooth.

Missed my car from yesterday onwards

I got the car late hence am not uploading pics but will do during daytime.

Cluth and steering have become lighter.

Front suspension has been serviced and also some faulty parts have been replaced. Havent checked the ride over potholes and uneven roads..

Front wipers changed after 2 years and also windscreen has been cleaned thouroughly and now driving at night is so awesome and the wipers float over the glass, which I havent noticed for.. maybe when i bought the car over 2 years ago.

Front brake pads have been changed and now those irritating noise while applying brakes have gone.

The TASS guys have done a commendable job and i never used to have any complaints with work there cos we are treated like Kings .... ;)

Attaching the bill for your reference.

file://localhost/C:/Users/Acer/Desktop/Bill.jpg

PS: Pls ignore the turbocharger amount shown in the bill as this was replaced free of charge but due to some mistake they couldnt claim it in warranty and hence added with this bill and they would claim it later.

MODS: am not able to upload pics. Error shown is internal server error, pls contact administrator
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged. Please keep all the updates in your ownership thread, instead creating new threads each time.