1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Handling and service charge for dealer

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by George A, Nov 7, 2014.

1. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi all,
    Attached the quotation I got from Dealer for linea 1.4 Tjet Emotion.
    Any one please explain the handling and service charge

fiat hyson.png
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No one can explain this handling charge, it is not clear. Actually sometime back it was reported that it is illegal.
    However, in reality, this charges are applied by all dealers.

You can check with other dealer in your city, if they charge anything different. This amount can be negotiated.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The handling charges are totally illegal as per SC ruling and rightly said by @Ravi. The explanation given by dealer is that the expenses incurred to transport the vehicle allotted to you from his stock yard to showroom and RTO and for keeping the vehicle under their roof till deliver is the Handling charges. But it is a known fact that car manufacturers usually compensate the delaer for this expenses.

I was told that the expenses are towards maintaining & paying the utilities overhead for the showroom in my case during booking. I flatly refused and asked the dealer to give in writing. He backed off.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    FIAT INDIA should make it sure that such practices are not performed by there dealers, it can be countries first brand to do so. This would help FIAT to claim 100% transperency on there vehicle purchases.
  6. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
    So what you suggest? I approach Fiat for this?
    If it makes any good I will do that,But the thing is whenever I send mail to Fiat, they make a apology( even for some doubts I asked ) and forward to Dealer :D :D
  7. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @George A , You can negotiate regarding handling charges as these charges can not be justified since you have to wait for vehicle after booking, this implies there is no sense in paying for vehicle as it is not maintained by dealer in his yard moreover ex-showroom price is inclusive of transportation charges from factory to dealer. I hope it helps. All the best.
  8. George A

George A Timido

Thrissur
    Linea T-Jet
    @VIJENDRA SINGH

Thanks for the input.
    Today dealer said he can give discount on that. but I will still try to get a good deal.It is not a good practice after all.I informed Fiat too and waiting for reply.
  9. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    George A likes this.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good information. This has given me some light. I did not notice this till date.
    George A and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.