1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Haldia to Siliguri via Dumka,Bhagalpur,Purnia

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sandipan_r15, Nov 26, 2014.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends, it's time for tour again.And this time we have planned a visit to some offbeat destinations in the dooars & hills of North Bengal.I have done 2 PUNTOUR in the region,in 2012 & 2013.But thankfully there is no dearth of scenic places in North Bengal & so the tour can be justified for duration of only 6 days.
    Now the question is,why am I asking for information about this route.The answer is of one word--
    KALIACHAK (in the district of Malda,WB).In my last two trips to the North Bengal I had to spent hours in that place.Forget about bypass there is not even a village morum road that you can use to avoid this horrible place.Leave aside mere traffic you can expect all sorts of problems at this place.
    Even Bhagalpur route has problems of it's own.Traffic jam inside Bhagalpur is bad & Dumka to Bhagalpur stretch(SH17 & SH19) is not in a very good shape.

Some TFI-ans from Bihar(or someone who has travelled on this route recently) please help regarding the latest road condition from Dumka to Bhagalpur,alternate route to avoid Bhagalpur traffic etc. etc whatever may be helpful.thanks in advance.

TFI-ans from Kolkata who have travelled recently to Siliguri (NH34+NH31/NH2+SH7+NH34+NH31 or Bhagalpur route)may also share their experience.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 26, 2014 ---
    Below is the route I am referring to--

Haldia to siliguri.png
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think we have much members from these area, so you might not get much information.
    However you can check this thread on team-bhp, lots of details are there - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...-route-via-dumka-bhagalpur-avoiding-nh34.html.

Once you come back from your trip, do update us as well :).
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have already done it.
    Ravi likes this.