1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

H1, H3, H4 what are they?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Aug 15, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, very true. This is why atleast the fog-lamps should be spared from whitish bulbs. Not only rain, even in fog/mist, the same would happen.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm not good then.
    Anyway will think about this

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sham, I am using the Osram Night breaker+ for both High and Low beam in my Linea. It is quite good and better than the stock under normal conditions. But, when it rains, due to its whitish light, it is pathetic than the stock. I would say better to stay back with the stock setup or try with the higher wattage bulbs as suggested by Sunnyboi.

You are wrong. For Linea, H7 is for the Low Beam and H1 is for both High Beam and the fog.
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I used 90/110 and 100/130 for a long time, 2yrsto be precise but not only did the 130s made the assembly murky it also took a toll on the assembly for when I compared the new ones with old I could see good difference in them.

The thing is it will look good when you see the assembly as is. But when you compare with ones running on stocks you will see the difference.

Ps: when I say new I don't mean factory new, I got it from tfi member.

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Any whiter light bulbs will not help much in rain/foggy conditions. The standard colored bulbs should do the job. What you could look at is use the Osram Silverstar H4 bulbs (they throw out same light color temperature albeit a bit brighter and longer beam too). The go ahead with either the smallest light force or the Hella 700FF type auxiliary lamps with proper mounts that do not vibrate. Either of these should keep in you happy either in rains or foggy conditions and the night travel is gonna be a lot more comfortable.
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm looks like those hellas are seem even more inviting now.
  8. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    I am at Delhi at the moment though my Punto is in Siliguri, i always was so wanting to get HID with projectors for my car.After reading some reviews about Retro rides in Naraina, Delhi, i went to meet Dikshit who showed me different types of projectors that can be used inside Punto Housing and decide on the following:-

Brand new Punto Headlights(as my car is in Siliguri with Phillips 110/130 with relay)
    FXR 3.0 Projectors with 35w HIDs
    A pair of white angle eyes(given option either angel eyes or devils eye so opted for angel eyes)

Total amount charged:- INR Rs 27000

PS..The quote was lower if i had opted for Chinese brand, Morimoto mini or FXR 2.0(He suggest to go for 3.0 as the size of the lens are bigger and would perform better)
  9. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    DSC_0103[1].jpg

My Punto Projector headlights on making, please let me know how it is and whether blackening of the reflectors would look good in my Fox Trot Azure Punto?
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The Fxr 3.0 is very good in terms of the beam. Which stage kit did you buy stage 3 or stage 4? A similar amount is being quoted in Bangalore for the FXR 3.0 Stage IV kit