1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guyzzz need help!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vishnuramachandran, Aug 25, 2012.

1. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i own a punto 2012 BNW.he has clocked 2500 kms within one month.I noticed a rattling sound from the speedometer console.(some thing like the second hand of a clock ticking) just driving 20-50 kms after the delivery.the strange fact is that the sound will come up occasionally and disappears :confused:.Noticing this i started of to the showroom..after covering few kms...it disappeared! had a chat with the service supervisor..he told me to approach him if it happens again...After clocking 2000 odd kms i could still notice this irritating noise coming up and disappearing.Didn't get time to go to the service center then.What could be the reason???Did any one had this problem??What is the solution???
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

Check the fuse box cover, some times it rattles. Remove it and drive around some time and check.

Sent from my iPhone
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Here you go... I have company now. This happens in my car too. Just as you mentioned, it comes up and disappears on its own. I couldn't get it fixed either since it never happens when i am close to the SC.

First noticed this at 20K Kms when i was driving on the not so smooth roads at Dandeli (exactly the same sound as you described, kind of like a chime and it does seem to be coming from the Console area). Kind of like a few Springs vibrating rapidly. By the time i came back to Hyderabad it disappeared.

Next noticed it recently (at 30K Kms) after my return from a long trip to Vizag. The Roads were butter smooth in this case though. It was there when i was driving to the office in the morning, thought i'll get it checked the next morning but it calmed down by then.

Can hear it only when the road is slightly rough. Let me know if you find a solution, I have been ignoring for now since TASS cannot fix issues like. The day im able to demonstrate it to then, i'll get each part starting from the Meter assembly replaced under warranty. Hope it's not too late at 31k kms now.
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this happens to my car also...the noise comes from the glass on the speedometer.......its occasional....and generally comes on highway drives with uneven roads....
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

There is rubber ornament overlapping the windshield and the bonnet. That also can rattle, check that also.

Sent from my iPhone