1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guys! Need Help with the my current tyre situation :(

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Harsh, Nov 14, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto's tyre condition after 6k kms

Friends,

Need your valuable advice. Here are the pics of my Punto's Goodyear GT3 tyre which has done @ 6,300 kms. To be precise during first 5,000 kms these were front tyres and after rotation, these are at rear now. The circled spots are a matter of concern to me. Is the wear and tear too much? Cos I notice the small threads on the outer corners of the tyre are worn out. Till date I havent faced any issue with suspension noise or car pulling towards one particular direction etc etc. Its has been absolutely normal.

I feel the small thread patterns on the outer portion of the tyre are getting flat faster than the inner portion. I have been always maintaining standard 32 psi pressure and most of the time ensure that its a cold tyre air fill.

Please advice! I had earlier mentioned this issue in my ownership thread as well - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/6592-got-punto-emotion-ed-27th-june-2012-a-3.html

E5 Image772.jpg
    E5 Image771.jpg
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Hi Harsh , You dont really need to spend money on alloys . I took inspiration from Sidindicas mods and bought myself linea steel rims and linea active wheels caps and MRF ZLO 195 60 R 15 . The ride is butter smooth now and very planted . Even my JKs had done only 19000 Kms but they were so crappy ... I finally decided to change them and get these and am loving it .

Picture1.jpg Picture3.jpg Picture4.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks really nice. Could you post a close up of the Linea Active wheel caps? If you don't mind, could you also share the price you paid for the wheel caps?

Rajan
  4. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Bro.. i have done 48k with these Jk Tornado... still lot of treads left ...it can go another 8-10k very easily.

1 person likes this.
  5. Naa Rahegi Baans Naa Bajegi Baansuri!!

Upgraded Today!!

Yokohama S drive 205/55 R15
    20121223_135536.jpg

20121223_133239.jpg

20121223_122807.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. B40

B40 Timido

Kannur,Kerala.
    Cannanore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have the same problem @ 7350 odo....Any suggestions...Do i have to change my shoes.?