1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guys! Need Help with the my current tyre situation :(

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Harsh, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Tyres rotated every 2.5 - 3k kms
    Pressures checked every monday before college

Balancing and alignment done 3 days ago vibrations lesser but still present

I dunno what to do -_-
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Can you explain this better??
    Do you feel that suddenly for no apparent reason the car starts to rock from side to side or feels like the car is slipping from one side to another?

Does this happen always even when your driving slowly at 20,30kmph ?
    Does this happen only on that particular stretch of road?

The reason why i'm asking is, something the road can be the culprit as well..
    If its not asphalted properly or if heavy truck ply on that road often there are chances of the road itself slipping from beneath...
    You feel this rocking effect when you drive on such roads...

Folks traveling regularly via the krishnagiri route towards blr (from chennai) feel this almost always because the road just just sunk in there...
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check for Alloy wheel bent.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

+1

Also replace your front wheel one at a time with your spare and drive around for some time and see if there is any difference. please check with another balancing and alignment centre too.
    1 person likes this.
  5. By marginal vibration i mean that at around 60-80 km i notice the steering wheel not steady but keeps turning slightly on its own left to right to and fro like a pendulum
    This happens mostly on highways cuz thats where i catch that speed
    The steering wheel shakes but there is no effect on the trajectory of the car it just feels like those rajesh khanna car scenes when the car is going straight but the hero is playing with the wheel

Alloy wheels not bent checkd during alignment
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    How far the car has run, i noticed this issue in my indica once where it had clocked 120000 kms got the alignment done and its fixed..
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Harsh, don't worry.
    Just find a good allignment center like MRF. Check all your wheels for balancing. Rotate the tyres if required. After every 5k KM do the allignment & 10K rotation.

After rotations & allignment if the tyres are wornout envenly then for again bringing them on their proper position you have to drive 500km min. And then you can feel the difference.

I have almost completed 29k kms on these tyres are still good to go for next 10k kms as per my allignment guy from MRF.
  8. Clocked 19601 kms as of today mate!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yeah going tmrw to another centre..its kinda irritating to drive in such a situation...
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let us know the picture after you visit the another centre... and his opinions & recommendations too..
  10. hey guys sorry for the delay in replying...in the mean while i checked with different centres and i got 3 distinct replies

1) tyre badlo kaam ho jayega

2) air pressure maintain nai ho raha hai, nitrogen dalo kaam ho jayega

and the scariest of all!!

Chasis bent hogayi hogi check karvao!! swear to anyone im never gonna repeat this guy again!