1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guys! Need Help with the my current tyre situation :(

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Harsh, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hello TFIans,

My punto has done its bit on the stock 165/80/14 JK Tornado clocking 19500 kms.
    Recently i was driving down to lonavala, Maharashtra on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway at a killing speed of 80 kms -_-
    killing i.e. it killed my urge to unleash my stallion cuz i was with family..

anyways to the point... i found this marginal left to right vibration on the steering wheel and when i increased my speed slightly the vibration increased to!

i thought this must be an issue of wheel alignment and balancing and so when i came back to bombay i got it done...today surprisingly in city driving too i found this! i was with a couple of my friends and they were like "tyre ghiz gaye" but on looking at the tyres i see no worn out treads!! when i asked the tyre shop guy from where i got the alignment done he's like relax you'll be able to do more 20K kms on these! before posting i looked up at some things on the internet about when i should be changing tyres and the coin test i just couldnt understand!!

please help!:confused:
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well my car also has the same spec and has done 18500Km, but i didn't find any issue with the tyre. Just have proper wheel balancing and alignment and relax. Though 165/80/14 JK Tornado tyres are not upto the mark when we compare to others but if you are driving is smooth n nt rough then its ok to have this tyre for more Kms.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. i do feel jealous when i see E+ puntos around...
    my driving is pretty mediocre..i won't say im an ace driver in terms of smoothness of shifting and avoiding pot holes! i try my level best to become so...
    chalo tyre change review back at 21K kms ^_^
    thank you
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These tires are JKRAP tires. Many have felt this and a member from here, after facing repeated alignment issues ,after 20k kms, changed his tires to michelins or so n the problem vanished. Another member had run 25k with this tire and is completely worn out n now looking like slick tires, he is a sane driver as i know him. You need to religiously rotate and balance and allign the tires every 5k kms, else it is not going to last. Anyway, its good, this gave you an oppurtunity to Change the tires and go for a better one, you ll feel the change immediately !!
  5. i
    i hvnt changed tres yet...you think i should?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If Vitamin M permits, sure...Why not...alloys as well :car
  7. vitamin M hahahaha!! i like i like!! :evilsmile

M toh kya pappa pappa rone ka mil jana chahiye ;) 15inchers shoes!
  8. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Vibration on steering is due to balancing issues. Have both the front wheels balanced. Drive for a couple of weeks come back and update.

9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Harsh, was the tyre rotation done at regular intervals? What was the rotation policy adopted? I mean for how many kms were the tyres rotated?
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Maintain proper tyre pressure and ensure you don't have heavy tyres on the wheels.. if you have enough budget better switch to good set of tyres and alloys