1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guys, How do you enjoy the highway ride

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PranavOne, Jun 2, 2012.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I prefer long drives, 60% of 27k on ODO was to my home town wich is 710km. Usually take two breaks of 45min each as i got a kid who is 2year old now. Prefer night drives because of less disturbances both on road and in car. Maintain 90-100Kmph on four lane HW and 80-90 on two lane HW. Music depends on mood (usually switched off). It is difficult to maintain 80Kmph on four lane HW, feels drowsy and even FE drops(my observation). Last trip to home town was complete night journey (2000 to 0700) with four 10min breaks for LC, fuelling and nature calls. Average speed 68Kmph, FE20.1(MID) Kmpl. Best thing to avoid sleep is keep sipping water and not delay attending nature calls.
  2. puntojith

Loved my first long drive

Took my punto on our first long drive...a total of 1300 kms in a span of 3 days. Hit maximum speed of 130 kmph. I definitely want to listen to music while driving atleast when my wife is asleep, or else I am sure I would doze off. I like it when there are a few other cars driving along. Otherwise it tends to get a bit boring, overtaking trucks that chug along at 80 or 90 I guess. Had some incidences worth mentioning- A bullock cart came in my way when I was doing 130! I could see the man at about 100 meters afar trying to stop the animals but the beasts had already decided to cross the road! I could luckily pull my punto to a complete halt within safe distance. Remember, 100 mts at 130 passes away in just over 3 seconds!!
    In another instance, a calf jumped on to the road from its herd all of a sudden. Again had to do some hard braking. But in this case I think I was on the wrong side as I have gut feeling that the young calf panicked at my honking. The adult cows remained calm on the road side.
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    So you scare the kids on the road. Just joking.

I am lucky on this front, my wife seldom sleeps on a night drive. She too enjoys the drive and keeps talking to me. That makes the job (driving throughout the night) quite easy for me.