1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guys, How do you enjoy the highway ride

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PranavOne, Jun 2, 2012.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Hi all,
    let us share how we are enjoying highway ride.

Speed : 80-100 Kmph, always try maintain constant speed
    Music : No music, always listen to love MJD's rythem grrrrrrrrrrr.....
    Refreshment: Would like to stop and eat frash village fruits like Water melon, Cumcumber, Jack fruit etc.,

Note: Mods please move the post to related group title
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't drive, so as a passenger, firstly, I always wear the seat belt. For music, I plug in my Walkman (though I always have to ask my dad to change songs as Blue&Me doesn't allow passengers to do so).

Being a passenger allows me to enjoy the scenery, and most importantly, sleep :p
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I have moved the thread to Hangout. So we can have a general discussion. :)

While on the highway, I generally maintain 80-90kmph. If the surface is okay and a 4/6 lane highway,then 110-120. I'm a sedate driver.

Music is rarely on and i don't like stopping for refreshments unless the distance to be covered is more than 300km's. For ~300 km's it's generally non-stop. I keep sipping water , thats it.

2 people like this.
  4. raj@tfi

Well, i think i need to slow down then. 2 months ago I drove to vellore and then to Pondi. I was very cautious but was driving at around 130 &140km :eek:
    I take less breaks even if i am driving for 5 hours non-stop. My drives are usually not less than 400 kms :cool:
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    On high ways I maintain between 80-100 kmph. Don't stop much except for nature calls. Usually drinks lots of water, in case of night drivers, chewing gums, biscuits, betel nut pieces continuously.

MODS NOTE - Please use the OT thread for all OT discussions
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Usually my drives are around 300 - 600kms to and fro. We plan the trip in a day. Leave in the morning and come back by evening.
    We normally stop at the destinations only and Toll gates ofcourse. :D
    Music is on, like forever cause my 2.5 yr old daughter loves music and makes request for songs.
    We carry snacks and Thumps Up which we have while on the drive.

My quickest was from Annavaram to Vijayawada some 280kms in a single stretch in around 3 hrs. I was doing constantly 140kmph and 160kmph sometimes.
    The roads were too good to do anything less. Gave a tough time to a Scorpio for around 60kms from Eluru to Viayawada. And later I vanished. :steering

My most recent trip was to Basara Temple some 2 months back, with a total distance of 450kms covered in 6 hrs with 73 kmph average.:cool:

P.S: In my 1.5yr of ownership of Punto ... I never saw my car giving me back more than 18kmpl so far. 20kmpl is a distant dream for me.
    1 person likes this.
  7. I have 1.2 Active punto. I have done only 2 highway trips driving my Punto. During first trip I was driving at 140 - 160 (should be 150+ but speedometer shown 160) range. During second I maintained 100-120 (due to control from my wife). What ever speed you drive, highway drives are very much enjoyable. During first trip FE was 13.5 and during second one FE was 15.5.

My punto doesn't have music system. So, no music at all.
  8. sungoa2010

My speed on highway is 80-110 kmph.
    Usually copy my favorite melody on a blank CD. Always choose Hindi old songs(oldest), Tamil collections(Old Illayaraja songs) and old malayalam songs.
    When get bored with music switch back to FIRE music and then to gossip with my better half(always choose 80kmph during gossip). All windows will be in closed position to reduce air resistance and to save interior from dust.
    I don't like to stop in between except for main filling both for me and for my car. I am very keen on getting a better average speed and FE
    But occasionally drive spirited way, when an arrogant ugly -w--- --z--e trigger me.;)
    1 person likes this.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I enjoy cruising in my punto on highways. 80 to 110 Kmph is the norm, lots of coffee ( if am driving in the night), other wise sip water along. i always have usb full of songs, some of my wife's favorites and of course mine. While wife's favorites are hindi and malayalam songs, i mostly listen to good rock and roll.

These types, keep me awake all through!!
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Driving on highways here in Assam has its own share of perils. Mostly double-laned highways without dividers and high traffic doesn't allow the words 'driving' and 'enjoyment' to be used in the same breath. Being an Active MJD with no safety features, I strictly maintain speeds below 90 on my Punto.
    1 person likes this.