1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gurgaon Car in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ichimaru, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    A friend of mine has a Haryana registered car and would soon be shifting to Bangalore.
    Can he use the same car with the same number there?
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I had taken my vehicle from Gurgaon to Bangalore and it was only 6 months since I bought the vehicle. I was asked to pay the sales tax + road tax. Bangalore RTO told me that I should collect the tax paid in Gurgaon from Gurgaon RTO :(

Since now VAT is in place, I do not think that your friend shall have to pay VAT again. Also, the link shared by Vasudev also seems to suggest this. However, your friend shall have to pay the road tax

Normally for the first 2 months, your friend can drive in Bangalore without paying anything. When asked by the traffic police he can show the proof that it is less than 2 months since he came. However, if he is staying more than 2 months (it is another story if he is able to always able to prove that he is only there since 2 monnths) then he shall have to pay the road tax

Another aspect that he shall have to look into is registering in Bangalore. If he is relocating temporarily, in that case he should not re-register which means he should not take NOC from Gurgaon as he would be coming back to GGN. Also, NOC is valid only for a certain period, maybe 2 months.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

Please note that traffic police is pretty strict and confiscate vehicles till road tax is not paid

Here is a link that could be helpful

Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 attached - Team-BHP
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    anirudh 22ji,

i remember when i was in Bangalore till 2010 mid.there was very much a rule to pay road tax if at all your vehicle is registered outside Karnataka.i used my bike there for more than a year without paying road tax.my bike is Himachal registered but i was never caught,barely i used my bike there thats how i managed without paying road tax.
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    this is really sad news!
    I mean does these states not belong to the same country?

So say if I shift to b'lore in a couple of months time, i end up paying full registration charges in Haryana and then pay the full amount again in Bangalore??

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

this is really sad news!
    I mean do these states not belong to the same country?

So say if I shift to b'lore in a couple of months time, i end up paying full registration charges in Haryana and then pay the full amount again in Bangalore??
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I have get information on Monday (Need to put reminder for this), my colleague is in Kerala and his mobile is switched off ;)

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Good information regarding Vehicle Registration/Transfer/Ownership change, etc

Transport
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    So he would be required to get his car registered again in Karnataka, that is after paying some 40K for the registration in Haryana? An d I think the road tax in B'lore is really high.

Pardon my ignorance but i am still confused.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As mentioned earlier, he would have to pay atleast the road tax (after a period of 11 months of staying in Bangalore). For paying the road tax it is not necessary to register the car over there (and hence it is not necessary to take an NOC from GGN)
  10. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    so I can stay in b'lore with a car registered in ggn for 11 months.
    And how much would be the road tax in b'lore?