1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance required to choose a Petrol Sedan.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gcmouli, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

If safety is your priority (which should be) go for a Fiat car,cars are built like a tank.
    If resale value is your priority (which should not be) look elsewhere.
  2. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Some how i dont guy the resale value logic. Atleast in my case.
    Comparing Swift with punto (both petrol version)
    Swift Vxi was 6.8 L on Road
    Punto Dynamic was 6.5 L on Road
    Punto gives more features than a Vx, i safety anyways assured.
    Now i put the 30k diff in FD and do a Resale after 3 yrs. The difference in resale value is just easily covered :)
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. jossyphilip

You should get Punto 1.2 Dynamic at much cheaper price now. I got a quote of 5.5 on road in Bangalore yesterday. 1 lakh discount. They are ready to come down further. Bargain hard, since new Punto EVO is lunching they are in hurry to get rid off old stock :)
  4. gcmouli

gcmouli Timido

Thanks Guys for all your suggestion.
    My max budget is 7lac.
    Heart wants Linea Classis Petrol; Head wants Xccent

Need Linea 1.4 FIRE user to give user advice. Mainly on reliability & service center in chennai.
    Reliability: Is Linear going to be reliable.
    service center in chennai: Do they do a good job & not fool around.
  5. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Service is better in Chennai, I had given in Ramkay and even few my colleagues are happy with Ramkay.
    Any brand you take service can go bad now and then....

Linea Classic is a good bet, go for it
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Mine was the same; but one test drive of Tjet, budget increased :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

I was in same dilemma between Linea TJet and Skoda Rapid. Heart said TJet but head said Rapid, finally listened to heart, extended my budget and got my sweet dream machine viz. TJet. So my suggestion is go with your heart.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

I don't think Fiat Linea Classic & Hyundai Xcent can fall in same category. Linea is a full fleged sedan whereas Xcent is nothing but i10 with a boot. The nearest contender to Fiat Linea classic is Ford Fiesta classic in performance & cost.

Just do a simple test on both cars to check their built quality is by trying to open their boot & close it. You will realize what's the difference between Fiat car or any Asian car namely suzuki, hyudai or honda. If you realy need a safe & sturdy car for your family just go for Linea otherwise Xcent may be a good choice for Point A to Point B travel. I'm telling all this after my personal experience with Wagon-R & T-Jet
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Check the ownership thread pf J.Ravi sir's Linea Fire. Best review you could see. He serviced his car in Chennai too.
    Chennai has 2 service centres Ramkay & RDC. I give mine in RDC & never faced an issue till now. Ask ramjn or J.Ravi sir for their experience with Ramkay.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Service is not a problem in Madras, there are three centres, two of RDC in Ekkatathangal and Anna Nagar and one of Ramkay in Perungudi. I service my car at Ramkay and they do a good job and they have a very nice facility.
    1 person likes this.