1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance required to choose a Petrol Sedan.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gcmouli, Jul 16, 2014.

1. gcmouli

gcmouli Timido

chennai
    I would like to have an expert Guidance & Users Guidance on the below questions;
    Which car should I choose?
    How is Fiat & GM Service in Chennai ?

--------------------------------
    Looking for Petrol Sedan
    Test drove Xcent-SO, Linea classic, Etios-G, Sail Sedan, Amaze
    All the 4 cars are priced similar with +/-INR10000

My liking based on Diveability
    1st: Linea & Xcent (Good)
    2nd: Etios (OK but little sluggish)
    3rd: Sail Sedan (Sluggish)
    4th: Amaze (Bad)
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to the forum.
    As per you liking, if you want to choose between linea & xcent, then its more features v/s big car feel and build quality.

Etios is seriously flimsy build, nothing great to look at too Can comment about drivability.
    Sail seems outdated with mediocre petrol engine.
    And amaze is anyways last on your last.

Regarding After sales and service, chennaites will guide you better.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you have budget, do consider Linea T-Jet. It is nothing like that.

No worries regarding the Fiat service in Chennai. You have 3.
    Ramkay at Perungudi
    RDC at Ekkattuthangal
    RDC at Ambattur
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Linea is better than all the options you mentioned. As Ramjn mentions service is available at Chennai.

Why Linea classic (is there a better deal :confused:), do go for regular Linea even if Active version in budget.
  5. gcmouli

gcmouli Timido

chennai
    I got deals between 6.3~6.77lac for all these cars. What to have users opinion to have better guidance.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The Linea and Punto are here to stay since Linea Facelift is also launched. You are thinking of Petrol or Diesel..?

6.x price is very lucrative for sure which is why Linea Classics were grabbed by many. It is still a very good buy because it offers better design and engineering unique to Puntos and Lineas. It is above the mediocrity if you are willing to go for a great and totally no frills car.

If you are looking for Petrol, I would also suggest to invest a bit more and get a T-jet in any regular entry level trim, new or old shape.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  7. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Agree with asimpleson. Go for a TJet test drive and you'll get addicted to it:D. Bargain hard with the dealer. I bought last Dec and was able to bring it down by 1 Lac. I doubt if similar bargains are possible now as it has undergone an image makeover. Better to try once. All the Best!
    1 person likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I would suggest that you use 4 parameters to decide the car i.e Ride Quality, Driveabaility and handling, Features+ gizmos, Price and Workshop availability. You can rank the 4 cars you have test driven on a scale of 1 to 10 and come up with the highest ranked car. I could have suggested only Fiat cars but since you have already test driven other cars then imposing Fiat choice on you would be unfair.

The following details can be covered under each parameters
    Ride Quality - Check the ride quality over bumps, potholes, rear seat comfort, good gc, panel build quality etc
    Driveability & Handling - Any turbo lag, pickup, bumper to bumper traffic perfomance, cornering, braking etc
    Feature+gizmos - safety features (ABS min), plastic quality, boot area, basic accessories, AC perfomance, USP feature etc.
    Price & workshop availability - Discounts available, delivery time, workshop availablilty near home and within city, general review of workshop/dealer etc.

Hope this helps.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    My suggestion would be Linea any day. Avoid Xcent & Sail & don't even consider Etios. Its a tin can!
    Go for Linea T Jet if you can stretch your budget. And don't worry about the service. As ramjn mentioned, there are 3 service centres. He gives his car in Ramkay & I give in RDC. We both are happy in our own ways :) Go ahead with Linea :)
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    If you want the best resale value go for the Amaze or the Xcent. But the Amaze is as ugly as a car can get and it's interiors are even more *******! The Xcent is nice inside and outside but is a Hyundai so you know how it will drive. The Etios is okay and very spacious but has nothing in it, you are just paying for the Toyota brand! If you like to drive buy the Linea.

Forget the Sail sedan.