1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance needed on a new purchase of Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Taureanchakky, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I am new to the Forum.
    I have booked Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD. The vehicle has been shipped to the dealer.
    I got the VIN Number. From the VIN Number, i found that the vehicle has been manufactured in the month June 2012.
    When asked, the sales Adviser told me, that the order was placed after i had booked the car ( Booking was done on 27 Dec 2012) , and FIAT had dispatched the vehicle , after the order was placed.
    He also said that the BNW coloured vehicle dispatched now, are all, June Maufactured.
    I am not comfortable to take a 7 month old vehicle.
    I have asked the dealer not to register the vehicle and anyway planning to inspect the car tomorrow.
    What do i do ?
    Looking for guidance from experts.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even if you are paying ready-cash and taking the car, it will be 3 month old at least. So I think that it don't be an issue.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Hi Senthil, Thanks for your reply.
    I browsed the forum on pre sales queries and found that a differerence of 6-7 months is normal. Is this applicable on all FIAT cars.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As long as the car has been stored in the plant, it should be OK. Nevertheless, do a thorough PDI.

All the best,

Rajan
  5. Hi Rajan,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes i'll have a thorough PDI.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1 person likes this.
  7. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    Congratulations!
    As rightly said by Gurjinder car is hardly 6 months old, see if you can get some discounts/freebies from Dealer.