1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance buying Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by girish.kn, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will suggest you to go for 90HP Sport instead of 2013 Punto 90HP. Sport variant has add on accessories and your Punto will be unique as well in future.
    1 person likes this.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

The choice will be purely based on your needs. If you feel the fancy graphics, the sporty pedals etc floats your boat, get the 90 HP Sports. If you feel the 2013 model year is important and is worth paying 16 K extra, get the 2013 model.

If you plan to keep the car 5 + years, one year difference may not make much of a difference in the resale value. On the other hand, if you manage to find the right buyer, the sports might get a better resale value than the 90HP, because it have some extras which many people likes.

If I was in your shoes, I would go for the 2012 90HP because I am getting it 16 K cheaper, even though I do not like the loud graphics they have put on the car and personally I do not feel the 4 extras give any real value addition.
    Since I am taking the older model off from their current inventory, I might haggle for some more additional cash discount.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    That's a very good point, I like it :)
  4. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    I almost made my mind for 2012 Sport December model. Dealer told me today that the car has arrived to their kannur showroom just today morning and they are in process of some pdi. I'm planning to visit the showroom tomorrow to take a look before booking the vehicle. Any suggestions?
  5. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    I had visited the KVR showroom at kannur on Saturday, had a chance to feel the 2012 BNW sport car. The car looked good with "H 34" odo reading and "JLZ" in VIN. I decoded the VIN as per PDI checklist and found it to be Oct12. The dealer had actually told me he'll give a Dec12 model, but its a Oct model. When asked he told it depends on the delivery from fiat, they produce some color in some months and BNW could be on oct only. Confirm if what he claimed is correct. Im planning to ask him more discount since its still old. But not sure how extent i'll succeed in this.

Im impressed with the car and decided to buy 2012 BNW sport model (the one I saw there). I have noted down the vin number to confirm on delivery and will check the H status of odo as well.

Also, just today I happened to see an advertisement in local newspaper (offer worth 44K which includes Free insurance, RSA and exchange bonus). The first 2 are already available to me. I have known from someone that to avail exchange offer, we only need to submit a photocopy of RC of any vehicle (meaning dealer bought car and sold to someone else). No need to actually sell the vehicle. Please let me know if this is correct?

When checked in detail, I found below minor issues and he agreed to replace them as appropriate.
    1. Clutch pedal metal plate not screwed2. Black color patches in Sport sticker in back
    3. Slightly damaged rear left seat belt - dealer to replace it

4. Small cut in cup holder (under hand brake) - dealer to replace it
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]5. Chrome exhaust was positioned lower compared to other car - dealer to replace it[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]6. The body vibration(and sound) felt bit more - dealer to check it
    [/FONT]
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    JLZ should be Sep 12. Skip "I" while counting.
    1 person likes this.
  7. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Oh yes, hadn't observed it!! Thanks for pointing out rudresh. That makes it still older by a month!
  8. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    To summarize, here is my deal..
    For 2013 90HP punto:
    Ex-showroom: 746898
    Freight: around 5000
    Road tax: 59752
    incidental charges: 2500
    ext warranty: 5100
    on-road: 819250
    Accessories offer: 10K worth accessories free, which include
    Reverse sensor
    Under body coating,
    Teflon coating
    mat & flaps

For 2012 90HP sport variant (this is the one I'm going to buy, have the VIN noted already), he told he will give additional 16K cash back as compared to 2013 model, which will be:
    819250 - 16000 = 803250

Dealer had confirmed that for 2013 90HP model, they have removed 4 of the 7 new features present in 2012 sport which are:
    Sporty metallic pedals
    Door sil
    Sporty decals
    Chrome exhaust tip

My decision of 2012 sports is because I'll get 16K discount for full fledged sports model (including the 4 features listed above)

When enquired about corporate offer he told its available, but for the company im working, he is not able to find it (its a software firm in Udupi, karnataka). If anyone knows how can I know if my company is supported or no for corp offer, pls let me know.
    And when asked about exchange bonus by giving only the photocopy, he told it was possible earlier, but now since they have authorized pre-owned shop there, there will be routine inspection of exchange vehicle.
    I have asked him to mail me the final price list after all discounts, which he agreed to send today, waiting for it. Also he told we have surprise to make you happy on delivery (which I only expect to be minor).
  9. vaisakhdutt

vaisakhdutt

kerala
    dear friends

I am going to book Fiat punto Emotion 1.3 . on road price is 7,33,121 on chd price . Dealer says that they offer accessories such as reverse parking sensor , art leather seat cover , mud flap and floor mat . Is this is worth while i'm buying emotion model in this kind of accessories should i ask more ? plz reply urgent
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Punto Emotion for 7.33L is a steal. Go for it. From where did you get this quote? Can you also please post the discounts you got.

I bought mine for 7.57L last month from Kulathungal Motors, Trivandrum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.