1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance buying Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by girish.kn, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    This is allowed, with a small fee (Rs. 500 I guess). Temporary registration should be done in Mangalore, or wherever it is bought from. Make sure that the address to which it would finally be registered should be mentioned in Temp. Reg. certificate.
    3 people like this.
  2. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    More updates - to solve confusions dealer gave me the contact number of Mr.George who is at pune fiat, he told. George solved confusion with this new info - the sports is not available now, but 90HP model is available in 2 versions - premium (black) and non-premium(white and red) and the ex-showroom price for non-premium is same as in website 7468989 and for premium its 752087. I think he also told black and red are short in supply.
    Now its dealers turn to call me with more info regarding the differences with 90Hp and sports (based on email from Mr.George to him). These 4 sports features are removed for 90HP - Metallic door sil, sports text in back, chrome exhaust and metallic pedals.
    Along with this, I inquired about 2012 model, he told a BNW model of Dec 2012 is available which he can give with additional discount of 16K on the price mentioned in website for 2013. So I ended up with below 2 options:
    1. Dec 2012 Sports model with all sports feature included, for ex-showroom 7468989 which will be 8.2L on-road
    2. 90HP 2013 model - without 4 sports features, for 8.04L on-road (same ex-showroom 7468989)
    Please help me decide among the 2 in terms of a year depreciation value, and the extra 4 sports features.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If you are not crazy about the fancy stuff called "sports features", go for 2013 model. You get a newer car(by a month)! Another thing, in case you plan to upgrade in future, the price quoted for a 2012 model and a 2013 model will differ by 50-60k at least.
    1 person likes this.
  4. I'll wholeheartedly take the 2013 90HP offer. One gets a newer machine. After setting up of new sales n service showrooms, I do believe the Quality check must also be on the incline in 2013. I'm not a big fan of those metallic pedals, and if I want, I can always add the metallic door sil after purchase.

It's your call anyway. Rest all specs being the same, you get the same car for 16k less, which is newer. I'd suggest the 2013 car.
    1 person likes this.
  5. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Upgrade in the sense?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sorry, my mistake!! the on-road price is other way around, it should be
    1. Dec 2012 Sports model with all sports feature included, for ex-showroom 7468989 which will be 8.04L on-road
    2. 90HP 2013 model - without 4 sports features, for 8.2L on-road (same ex-showroom 7468989)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sorry i made a mistake there, the price of 2013 model is actually more than 2012 model by 16K !!
  6. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    I think what fiatlover meant is that when you are changing the car, you will get a better resale value with the 2013 model as compared to 2012. But since both cars will be registered in 2013, keeping in mind that the car is Fiat, the difference should be negligible.

If you are OK with the 2012 model, then it is a good buy as the car comes with Abarth racing pedals (metal pedal that you have mentioned), which will cost you close to 10K if you buy it as a spare. Hence effectively there is a difference of about 30K. Adding to that, the condition of the car should be good as it is Dec 2012 manufactured car.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    My native is kerala but most of the time I and the car will be in karnataka (I work in udupi). I'll need to pay atleast 70K+ if I register vehicle in karnataka with any temporary address (all my govt address proof docs are in kerala address). Please advice whether I can use kerala registered vehicle in k'taka or is there any alternative like pay temporary tax at k'taka?
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Theory: Vehicle should be registered where it will be mostly used. You should get it KA registered.
    Practice: Many people register cars in low tax states (you may see PY vehicles wherever you go) and use it wherever they like. Usually there will be no checks.
    There is no temporary tax in KA (except for taxis without national permit/KA permit). Only "bribe" exists. You may call it temporary tax, if you wish :cool:
    2 people like this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I meant selling the car in future.

Even if you are using it in KA, if you travel to KL at least once in six months, you can manage. Make sure you have the insurance and emission docs from KL.
    1 person likes this.
  10. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Ok that should be fine. I will be travelling at least once in a month to kerala. SO i'll go with kerala
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.