1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance buying Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by girish.kn, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Anything on Linea ? Multijet 2 ? Thanks
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    Girish, Welcome to TFI.

The Fiat website is showing 90HP price and dealer stating for Sports version. So I think the quote may be valid for Sports. As other TFIan's stated, Punto Sports is limited edition and it is discontinued. If they have Sports version and it is not TD vehicle, you can bargain for additional discounts. I believe, if you get around 20k+ discount for the 2012 Sports, then the year of manufacture is not a deal breaker.
    1 person likes this.
  4. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
  5. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Ok.. relieved hearing that! :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thats an eye opener comment from you. Thanks! will talk to the dealer if he is giving me 2013 or else bargain for discounts

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is tempting - New Punto Refresh: Initial 2013!
    Any chance it will come before april?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you can wait till April, do wait. It should come in April/May timeframe. But don't expect much change.
  7. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    If there is no much change to expect, will mostly not wait, anyways may will be too late for me. Will there be a price hike post budget 2013? diesel prices are already set to increase every month!
  8. I dont think there is any point in waiting. I feel that you should squeeze them and get the best deal in the 2012 one. What you can do is to take a quote from Mangalore. Being a big city means it will have atleast 2 dealers, and the prices will be more competitive. If they offer an excellent price, take delivery and get the registration done in Kasargode(I am not sure whether they will allow registration for vehicles with out of state TP. Please check it with your RT). At least take a best price quote from Mangalore dealers and show them to the Kannur ones. That might help.
    Please check the vehicle was not a TD one. These guys will remove the speedo and use it as a TD vehicle with Temporary registration. They later sell it for a discounted price. You can confirm the month of manufacture by checking the VIN of the vehicle.
    1 person likes this.
  9. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Good advice, thanks! But the road tax in mangalore is far more as compared to that in kerala (difference of about 60K! for 90HP. That is the main reason I was looking for in Kasaragod. Otherwise I would have preferred buying it from Udupi or Mangalore where the car will run more as compared to Kasaragod. Your point is makes sense, so will surely check with dealers in Udupi to see any difference and if its less I can even buy from Udupi itself.

Update: The KVR showroom guy just called to tell that the ex-showroom difference of 18K is for 90HP(in website) and sports(quote) version. He is telling 2013 model of both are available for order. When asked again he told he will check it with someone and let me know.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi Ravi

Is it the same case for Linea as well ?

Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.