1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Guidance buying Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by girish.kn, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Hi all

I'm Girish a native of Kasaragod district of Kerala state, currently residing at Udupi in Karnaraka. Since I'll be travelling frequently between the 2 places which are nearly 150Kms apart, I thought of a Diesel hatch. Next was to chose the car among widespread hatch segment. First car came to my mind is the punto because I had once driven the punto 90HP sport owned by TFI user tganesh some time back. So I started googling for hatches to find details and for any better alternative. After reading various reviews and comments (including from TFI) I ended up in punto, i20, polo. Though some of the others like i20 offered more features like reverse camera, cooling glove box etc, its look didn't impress me well. Im fond of punto for its looks.

In Kasaragod, though there is a tata showroom (KVR Dream cars), its not listed in fiat website. So I had to contact the nearest next fiat showroom, luckily it is also a KVR Dream car showroom at kannur in kerala. The response I received from KVR kannur was very good. I was surprised to know that they are ready to reach to my place (which is 100+kms from kannur) for TD. I'm very impresssed after driving the 90HP sport machine due to its drive dynamics, power, comfort, etc.
    When inquired about the pricing, this is what they gave
    90HP Sport
    Ex showrrom - 765762
    Insurance - free
    road tax - 61261
    incidental charges - 2500
    ext warranty - 5100
    Total on-road - 834623
    70HP Emotion
    Ex showrrom - 715226
    Insurance - free
    road tax - 57218
    incidental charges - 2500
    ext warranty - 5100
    Total on-road - 780044

When inquired about offer, they told they have an offer in kvr wherein if anyone books before 10th of every month, they will give free accessories worth 10K (reverse sensor, underbody coating, Teflon coating, mat and flaps). Since that day was 9thFeb I had only a day left and he gave me an option - give a cheque worth 5K as booking amount which if cancelled he would return back to me. So I handed over the cheque to him which is acknowledge by him in writing. Once confirmed, the car would be delivered around 15 days he told.

Guys please advice me for below few questions:
    1. When I called the representative at fiat tollfreee number, he told sports model is discontinued. But the showroom guys are telling it is still available with the 3 color options (red, white and black). At any cost, I need to get a 2013 model. Sports is not emntioned even in the re-designed fiat website
    2. There is a difference in ex-showroom price in fiat-india website and mentioned by showroom guys. It is 746898 in website for 90HP against 765762 mentioned by them, which is 18864 more! Is there any chance the website showing outdated amount?
    3. 90HP or 70HP - I would drive in city most often and in highways for long drive. Which one should I opt considering the price difference of about 50K? Will there be a power lag or so in 90HP at low speed?
    4. The accessories offer worth 10K (reverse sensor, underbody coating, Teflon coating, mat and flaps) they mentioned are really worth?
    5. Will there be any alteration required in back or in rear-view mirror if they fit reverse sensor? should I go for it or no
    6. Should I straight away confirm the booking of punto or do a TD of others(i20, polo, etc) as well.

Sorry if I'm lengthy, its my first post here! Please give your valuable responses..

Thanks a lot in advance
    Girish
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My answers in Bold.

If they are offering Punto Sport then the car manufactured in 2012, bargain a lot to get more discount as it is 2012 car. Check the stock with other dealers as well.

The time has been changed and now Punto 90HP costs at 8.34 lakh and I bought it for 7.33 (on road Pune) in July 2011. Thanks to taxation in our Country. :eek: :firey
    1 person likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    In my experience of booking, initially the SAs quoted prices higher than shown in the fiat website as ex-showroom. But, when I showed the price from fiat website, (and also from a competing dealer), they reduced the ex-showroom. In my case it was just about 3K-4K, so it would not matter. For you, it is close to 19K, so you should try hard to make them agree for website price. This will be easier if you can get competing quote. You may want to call up FIAT dealers in nearby cities too to get quote.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Comments in Bold.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    VW does not offer you free servicings for Polo and I heard that first service will cost you near about Rs. 10,000 where in Punto it will be neara about Rs. 5500.

i20 seems like a car came out from a video game. New DRL on i20 looks so cheap and the car does not inspires confidence at high speeds. I feel that steering is not connected with the front wheels :-(

But yes fit and finish of Polo and i20 is better than Punto which is the only point where these 2 cars scores more than Punto. But this factor should not deal breaker as FIAT improved quality of fit n finish in 2012 cars.
    2 people like this.
  6. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Ok. At any cost I need a 2013 model. So i'll talk with them again. Sadly, i think kvr is the only dealer there. But will try it with dealers at other cities too. Too useful comments kedar :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I didn't expect there will be such big difference. yes, as you said, will try convincing them and get a quote from other dealers too. Thanks limraj :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi fiatlover (thulasi?), nice to hear you are also from kasaragod. Thanks for the welcome and comments. Read all your comments, they are all useful. WIll talk with the dealer again about price dfiff, 2013 model and accessories.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Oh gud to know that!! ya i too agree the 2012 model is way good in comfort and finish.. more +ves for punto, more itching to order it fast ;)
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    FIAT will bring something new this year too.. keep watching for new release 2013 models
    1 person likes this.
  8. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
    Is it? Thanks.. but wait how long? any guesses. I have already submitted the 5K cheque to dealer. Should I take it back from him?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nothing is coming this year for Punto. There could be some minor refresh on existing Puntos, in 2-3 months.

Go ahead and buy the existing one, no need to wait.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.