1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GTX Alloys in Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by varunrtr, Jul 9, 2012.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has anybody tried out palio 1.6 GTX alloys on a punto or have heard of somebody doing it ? They are 14" , 98 PCD and looks sweet. But is there any technical difficulties in getting it fixed? I've heard so somewhere, but want to clarify whether its true or not..

gtxalloys.jpg
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont have great knowledge about wheel assembly but what I've seen is that it's easily doable..
    its a direct fit i guess especially since its 98PCD.
    You might want to look at hub centric rings though.. But everything else should fit well...
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Varun mate - Getting a pristine condition GTX alloy is very difficult. So I would rather look at something else man, however yes the telephone dial alloys looks very cool whilst in motion. Will upload the video shortly.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    If the hub-center size of the Palio is same as Punto i.e 58.1mm, it should be direct plug and play, hub-centric rings won't be needed.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A Set of this is up for sale, so my friend if thinking of picking it up, but wants to clarify if it suits punto perfectly without any flaws...
    @teky, you got a 1.6 right? Do you know anything in this regard. ie. the hub centre dia??

BTW, many of you guys are also bhpians right ? does anybody know beejay there personally? He has more than a GTX if i m not wrong and has put up an ad for his alloys : http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used-for-sale/19903/Palakkad/Palio-GTX-Alloys.html/.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    No idea varun, cvanandh would be the best person when it comes to Palio.

But wouldn't those alloys look puny on a Punto?
  7. From my knowledge, it would be a direct fit on the Punto, but I may be wrong. I have seen an Advy with Punto alloys and Palio with Linea alloys and none with the other way around.

Though these alloys look great, I too believe that they will look small on the Punto as they are 14". But , will try to gather some info in regard to fitting these on a Punto and let you know.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Personally, I am not a great fan of that GTX Alloys (don't jump on me GTX owners :D). Punto and Linea alloys are much more stylish than the GTX alloys. And, the current stock alloy for Punto is just perfect. Or go for any other good after market alloys.
  9. I'd defer on this ramjn. I really love those GTX alloys. Would love to change my Palio's alloys if I get a good set ;)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Haha. That is the reason why I told 'Personally'. There will always be a difference of opinion ;).
    1 person likes this.