1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GT3-The Most Under Rated tire

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by linealover, Apr 15, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Ramesh - Now who will test the ZLO - Awaiting you to come back!

It's the same experience for me as well with C Drives, I think they require some run-in before even performing fully. After clocking close to 3K on the Yoko C-Drives the Steering feel is amazing and has indeed got the heaviness I like and the comfort is even amazing - better than the PLC's on my Punto. My only worry for them is that they are wee bit softer than PLC's and kind of worried to take to bad stretches.

@linealover - The brake bite issue is generic to Palio and it's not due to the C-Drives, Wait till I source the Linea's Rotors & Pads.

It was somewhere around 5K per piece for four including Alignment, Balancing and Fitting.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Sure. I can test the ZLO. :)

I remember the cost to be Rs. 4.8k per tyre.
    1 person likes this.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

gmm.it cost 5k soumenpaul.
    Teky you red my mind.post 2k run up
    brake bite is good.amazing straight line stability
    hands off the wheel @170 its rock solid.amazingly silent,
    gives the extra confidence
    warn you that you wont feel the high speed.
    I used to brake late.bite is fantastic.
    Rain god aid the wet grip.while back home heavy downpour.scene changes from sunny day to rainy day again few minutes its sunny.i said its funny.my buckled up brother remainds me,ain't funny either ''you are covering the land faster.
    1 person likes this.
  4. I have stock tyres on. My car have done 40k kms ,can still do about 2-3k. I went to a local tyre shop where I saw Bridgestone Turenza 195/65r/15 and a thought came to mind that I can go for a 65 instead of stock 60 that would increase GC a little bit:). I want that because I have ran into rocky roads few times and the metal plate below the car have been welded 2 times. I hate this. So do you guys recommend going for 195/65/15 instead of regular 195/60/15? Any Disadvantages?
    Plus after Reading this thread I am thinking of going with the same tyres i.e. GT3. Because I have had best experience with this set of tyres. My only preference is better grip. :D
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I belive the ground clearance upgrade kit is a better option.

6. Hi Neilayy, do go for the 65 profiles without any concerns. I'm running on 195/65/15 PLC's since day one. The increase in GC that we get is good enough for the roads that I encounter in here. Also mrpresident2k is using the same 65's in his Linea.

Do go for them :up
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I second the opinion of gurjinder. GC kit is the better option.

Coming back to the original thread discussion on GT3, I got some interested feedback from the thread starter. Once a great great fan of GT3 has started telling me that GT3 is a crap after driving around 1000 kms with the C Drives on highway :D. I was surprised to hear that from linealover as he always keep saying good things about the GT3.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    GT3 is good, but C Drive is better, I am running it from last 18K KM, excellent tyre.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Thank you Gurjinder!.Butl Its time to change the tyres so I just thought why dont I go for 65 so that be just a little bit better than 60. I am planning to get the GC kit installed but that will take some time.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

How in your experience are PLC's concerning Dry/wet grip and cornering ?