1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GT3-The Most Under Rated tire

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by linealover, Apr 15, 2012.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    now,this review has got in depth experience in it.most of the internet reviews generalize sports models and entry level model tyres together and depict the common
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Continental tyres - Page 13 - Team-BHP

Finally contestant Michelin plc and MRF ZLO.

Teky and me amicably decided to MRF ZLO. Grippy sportiness wins over comfortable & silence.

ZLO suits more to the charisma of linea & punto than PLC.

Thanks to all TFIians for pouring in suggestions.i will upload after swapping to zlo.

Still something fishy about ZLO

Very Poor Durability of MRF ZLO for Linea and No responsibility at MRF

"Hi, I’m vikas from vijayawada. A year ago, we had to change tyres for fiat linea. We opted for MRF and the technicians at MRF suggested new product called “MRF Zlo”. They convinced me that the tires will last long. But they were worn-out within 22000 KMs. Even Normal tyres will last minimum 45000 and max 60000 KMs as per my earlier usage Knowledge. MRF promoted unestablished product as their good product and misguided me."
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    But then ZLO was launched just 6 months back to my knowledge isn't it?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Even I thought that the ZLO was very recently launched. This news is a bit surprising.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    May be MRF testing ZLO at that time by giving it selectively to few customers? :D
    2 people like this.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    just 6 month, oh is it? i didn't suspect that but i have invited vikas to join TFI

MRF ZLO Blind Test - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks everyone for sharing so much information. Even I have to change my tyres. My Linea has done 45K with stock GT3 and only one tyre developed some leak after a puncture job. Last month I bought a new single GT3 tyre and fitted that with the unused spare tyre in the front wheels. I never rotated the spare one as only 4 alloys were provided to me in 2009 Linea. Later I came to know that you should never fit new tyres in the front. I wondered how the KHT motor people dont know this. Currently I am not in India and car is not used much hence not changed it back to rear wheels.

The point is I am happy with GT3 (though noisy and little bumpy) but I am satisfied with its awsome grip, braking and handling, and after reading this thread I feel when I change the tyres I will buy GT3 only. I have Michelin Xm1 in my swift and one of its tyre sidewall is damaged within 3 months. The inside steel wires are visible, though that tyre is usable as spare. Spending 5-6 k for a tyre which could get damaged in indian road condition is not acceptable to me, I am ready to sacrifice the extra comfort :)
    5 people like this.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Its been very long to post, an update on tyre change.

i and ramjn went to Raja tyres and met pramod(owner) , as ramjn aware i was fixed with ZLO.perhaps, future always comes with surprise.

pramod suggest us c-drive,we know about c-drive, as we case studied the behavior of tekky's GTX's c-drive.

pros:silent and comfort
    cons:light steering and brake bite.

As Ramjn also join the party with pramod and recommended c-drive over ZLO.perhaps,i was skeptical and questioned pramod "oh,you might earn good margin in c-drive over ZLO is it,right?

no said the pramod and he made me physically observe both the tyres side by side.we can't make out any difference between them.
    as both were almost same soft side wall.

Even then i was more inclined towards ZLO.still he said ZLO is good and more suited for less kerb weight car like swift.For linea/punto being heavier, eventually eats the tyre with less odo.he validate "you need another tyre change in near future"

pramod assured 40K of life.

Ramjn observed his recommendation were non judgemental and non directive.since ZLO is not a time tested product like c-drive.

Finally went with c-drive.steering heaviness gone and it is in the territory of verna.

I started cursing Ramesh after that whenever i want to,also i haven't got a chance to do highway to test its caliber.

wow,wow,wow.

things started a 180 degree turn, yesterday i went on a highway trip,viz chennai-madurai-chennai.

Amazing drive,i fell in love with c-drive.

chennai to madurai: crusing between 100 to 120km/hr with occasional burst to 170,reached with half tank.

start of drive:2am.
    End of drive:7:40am.
    distance:446km
    fuel efficiency:18.9km/l

madurai to chennai; most offensive driving paved the way to asses the character of c-drive.End up spend 700 plus half tank to reach chennai.

i ate up whoever wants to try with fiat.list goes like this(altis petrol,dzire,modded swift,innova,manza,fortuner et all.)though can't find any one of like sathya_sc

start of drive:3pm
    End of drive:8:40pm
    fuel efficiency:15.3km/l

I am more satisfied with c(heer) Drive.i can able to change lane so fast even at 170s to flick through slow moving trucks.

I deeply thank ramesh for choosing it.
    5 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am relieved now. :)

I felt bad after you told that the steering became too light. My take was that C drive being a proven one may be a better choice than the ZLO. Good to know that you are now happy with the C drive.
    1 person likes this.
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Very informative, it will help me choose the tire which is pending for sometime now.
    @linealover , would please share the pricing details of tire you purchased.