1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GT3-The Most Under Rated tire

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by linealover, Apr 15, 2012.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras

As per niKhil's prescription these are the order: michelin,conti stays in first position still michelin has got edge due to its established market in india.

yoKo,stays a notch below,we can say at par with michelin and continental,eventually occupies 2nd position.

once bridgestone was a competent player now they lost their sheen after started the manufacturing plant in india.selling old tyres.

that is why it stays as last option.generally, i don't have any idea about BS.

4 international players in india:michelin,continental,yoKo,bridgestone.others come after them.

keeping high pressure (34/35psi)in michelin will some what overcome the problem of soft tire.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. My GP has GT3 and has run 36K kms and still around 5K life still left... except for the road noise, rest everything, cornering, braking etc have been and is still excellent. Developed only one puncture in the entire 2-1/2 years.
    2 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm always amazed at the gross generalisation that Michelin is a soft tire unsuitable for bad roads. I mean, it's Michelin XM series being talked of, not some super slick Michelin Pilot Sport.

My personal experience has been opposite to this.

My maternal grandfather lives in a village and he drives around in his Wagon R which is equipped with Michelin XM1+ and we all know the state of village roads ( or no roads). At many places, there are no roads and gravel has been thrown around to pretend a road exists there. The tyres have been performing like any other tire. I don't dare to take the Linea to those roads. It's only the Palio D that goes there.

So, it's high time these gross generalisations were tackled.

Same goes for the A-drives that are on the Palio D. They've taken up a lot of abuse on bad roads and no roads and are behaving like any other tire.

Unless we're talking of Yokohama Advan Neova's or Michelin Pilot Sport, the discussion of the tire being soft, Yokohama or Michelin, shouldn't even come into the discussion.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Okies :eek: shall keep tat in mind for future references! And no ways i was angry at ramjin :).... dont know why you felt so,i was jus expressing my concern plus i was just trying to boldly highlight the note about(point of view) :)

Thanks a ton bro :)
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. Mine has done 33k so far might well run upto 40K, now a days I am feeling the back tyres are loosing grip while cornering.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

not going to vote for Generalization, just expecting this thread to come to some conclusion on what is the good Tyre to replace stock ones when it is due.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Great post!
    My opinion: My GT3's have done 31 K so far - without the slightest of hitch. Be it clocking 120+ (wet) on Chen-B'lore or 140 + on depressing Delhi-Jaipur, amongst all my other trips across the country. The reason i mention these 2 roads is because they truly showcase the best and the worst highways in our country (Delhi - Jaipur at its current renovation state and with one of the most unruly drivers in the world) . From landing in a pothole at 130+ and ir-repairablly damaging my alloy to (touch-wood) a zero puncture history all through (even when the side-wall was swollen the held its own)!

Its a no brainer that most OEM tires in India are sub-standard - especially south of Rs. 15 Lacs. FIAT truly has a set the bench-mark with these tires in the stock car and given the cars they have built - i am sure they have invested time and resources trying to optimize the marriage between the tire and the car. [/B]

Iam sure my next set will be GT3!
    5 people like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I took the delivery of Hyundai Getz GLE, I upgraded the wheels to 14" alloys and for tyres, Bridgestone Turanza. The tyre was very good and gave good comfort as well. When I sold the car at 40k Kms, the tyre was still good enough for another 5-10k.

Note - I bought this Bridgestone in Jan'2007.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    oh is it!!!

As per nikhil, they potential gone down as soon as they entered india.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Well i would like to have review from Grandeur. He is having Potenza G3.

Also amogh can tell us about Turenza as he put new set of Turenza at the time of last meet.

Both of you guys, do share your views!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Guys, there is no need to go paramount about the tyre brands.

Just an example:

Michelin launched XM range of tyres which were too soft for indian roads and they used to wear out quickly. Immediately their engineers found the problem in their tyres and the next series they launched was XM1+ which were a balance between good life, good mileage, and good road grip.

All brands do similar R&D. Also keep in mind that the particular model of a particular brand may not always be good or bad.

Another example: MRF tyres were always build to last and dint provide proper grip due to hard rubber.
    Now seeing the competition and demand for comfort they have launched MRF ZLO which are good.

So i would say while buying tyres check proper reviews and then buy.
    3 people like this.