1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GT3-The Most Under Rated tire

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by linealover, Apr 15, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That could be because of the suspension and the steering rack. Both of them are being worked upon and let's drive it again.

We should consider Bridgestone as well, just came back from 1800 KM trip and it was very good. Less on noise and good in grip, however didnt had a chance to check wet grip.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Even i agree with LineaLover!
    Even though my GT3 had worn out early(read 23k with approx 3/5k kms lyf left), i think those are one of a kind tyres for Linea.

Breaking at dry condition is amazing with great stability.
    Also wet condition breaking is sensible.

Just to feel tyres i did push em sometime to the limit & it turns out to be like these are rigid tyres.
    Even while taking sharp curves at high speed GT3 gives you certain level of assuarance that nothing will go wrong.

As my GT3 are about to be dead im facing few problems which are new for LINEA. My tyres are just 23k old but all of em are having life of just 2/3k kms. All small grains are gone. Tyres are looking like those slick tyres with only main big grains left on them.
    In last month i did a 450kms highway drive. In which most commonly faced problem was, steering used to vibrate a bit only inbetween the span of 130-140kmph. Which i think due to vanished small grains.
    Still i gotta admit that GT3 have some real guts in them cause on sharp turns it was showing same DNA it used to.

I have driven my LINEA in interiors of Solapur for 1000kms. Which was a nightmere of my life! 90% roads were just sharp gravel. Still not a single puncture occured in it(ask italia-linea how bad these roads are).

But some times GT3 could make you mad. I have observed that small irregularity of smooth surface can be read by GT3. Those ''thuds'' don't get filtered making ride very uncomfy some times.
    Also on CC roads you'll find the rate of vibration is much high.

But at the end of the day again my mind says yes for GT3. I haven't tried other brands so their might be a chance that something more good than GT3 could show up(& that would be Bridgestone Turenza/Potenza) but if you understand our terrain, our roads then GT3 makes more sense.

Even i read many people bashing GT3 but if they analyse the overall condition of our roads the result will be GT3 gives their best on Indian roads!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i love the roads of Solapur dist ::D
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    haha, i know Ganges, you are very much in love with those roads! :p
    But seriously i used to examine my tyres on that road & few times i saw thay those gravels were actually cutting small slices off!! I saw several chipped-off rubber pieces of tyre like GT3!
    Imagine what if i was running on Micheline?? :-O Those might get puncture in no time on such type of road man!
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Great Analysis Tron!

I too have a vibration in steering wheel @130-140 after that no vibration.

quick update

Price Quote from Tyre store

1.michelin primacy LC RS 5775
    2.yoko c-Drive RS 5150
    3.conti cpc2 Rs 5250

WA 400
    WB 750

N2 F.O.C

when i told about team fiat &team bhp WA & WB waived off
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Please dont go for CPC2. their dry grip is very poor. TFIan Pran is having a tough time with his Contis...
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    soccerfan.

Thanks for the input.GT3 was much better in dry grip than cpc2.so its ruled out.

@pran, please do post your experience with CPC2.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Interesting, we don't seem to have lot of options left. Anyone using Michelin Primary LC here?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. @teky, I've got Primacy LC in my dad's Linea. Clocked close to 15k now. Also have it in my Uncle's Corolla and it has done 30k and looks good for a lot more.
    2 people like this.