1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GT3 replacement with Goodyear Choices

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jaggu916, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    My linea mjd has clocked 47000 kms and still the treads are good with 2.5mm tread depth. guess its good for another 5-10k kms. Very happy with the GT3 with whatever little knowledge i have on tyre assessment. Plan to replace it with goodyear for the following reasons -

1) Known devil is better than unknown devil - OE GT3 has held itself good, no reason to change manufacturer
    2) Goodyear is the cheapest out of the lot (BS, Yoko & Mich), probably only the chinese are cheaper which is a no go for me
    3) I need a tyre that lasts atleast 50K, since my daily run is 60+ kms

Considering the above, Good year offer the following variants -

1) Goodyear duraplus - life expecteancy 80K - 1lac kms, recenetly fixed on my spark but too early to evaluate
    2) Goodyear GT3 - 47k on linea and holding good, great on my getz oe supply 21K kms and still good after 7 years
    3) Goodyear Assurance - no idea
    4) Goodyear Assurance Fuelmax - no idea

mostly my driving is sedate 80-100 km speed on highways in and around coimbatore and 10% of the total life will be in hills

People, please give your suggestions in selecting the best goodyear for Linea mjd.

P.S no plan of upsizing tyres since i have upgraded GC with kit.
    1 person likes this.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My suggestion is to get to Duraplus if with Goodyear or Apollo Acelere if moving out considering your requirements. Having said this, it is always better to change the tyre kind of every 3 years as over and above that time they tend to get very hard and get brittle immaterial of the kms run.
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'd suggest you stick with the GT3's only. Good tires and best bang for the buck.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    okay thanks, even my heart says the samething..

- - - Merged Post - - -

after writing it down in my post, i kind of get some clarity, i plan to stick with GT3... known devil is better than unknown....anyways thanks...
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Goodyear Assurance are good from what i have heard....
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rockster24c

Rockster24c Timido

Pondy
    Chk out Goodyear NCT5. Heard they are replacing GT3 with Nct 5. Even Mileage max is good but very noisy than GT3
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    NCT5 and GT3 are targeted at different segments of the tire spectrum.

I'd get the GT3 before the NCT5. And I have used two sets of NCT5 on the Palio :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    totally agree on the segmentation..
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Even if the tyres have tread left you must consider the replacement and not continue using it for another 10k. What I experienced is the rubber becomes hard and it affects breaking an comfort. It happened in my case once a hard braking incident and once got a side wall crack, even though the tread was fine after 50k.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. I upgraded to 195/65 yokohama A drive tires for my linea MJD Emotion (2011 model). The ground clearance is now better (has increased by ~ 10mm). Have never hit any humps yet since the tire change (6 months back). Tire makes very less noise compared to many tires and comes at around 5000 Rs. per tire. the ride has smoothened out and quiet mostly due to increase in tire profile. My brother's punto came with Apollo Acceleres, although good tires , tire noise is too much.
    1 person likes this.