1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GRRRR...again a new issue at 23k kms

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Saumya, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    ....i wasn't happy with the drive and handling & braking of the car....they did a check and say that the SHOCK-UPS have given way (Once pressed down it takes a while to come up) and need to be replaced and also as I have been complaining about the clutch (Jhatka) issue they have offered to change the entire clutch kit..!!

So New Shock-Absorbers & Clutch Kits to be changed in the coming weeks Under Warranty !!

Now, I have requested them to first change the shock-ups and then later on I will change the clutch kit as I m told that after 30000 kms the clutch warranty voids.

Any Advice Guys ??

2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

what is the issue with the clutch...
  3. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    1. The clutch feels hard n gives a recoil ,legs begin to pain in a while. &
    2. The car gives a Jhatka(recoil) 2wice as soon as I let d clutch off in 1st n 2nd gear OR even press/let go of d accelerator ..n I hv to let go of d clutch really slow n shft to higher gears to minimize it.

Also nw dt the shock abs r bad, it affects d steerin n in turn gves u a pain in d back aftr drvng a while.

Braking hs also been affected as whn I hit brakes the steering tends to feel d jerk.

Im so dam upset ....cause I see heavy expense coming after warranty of car is gone. :(
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, visit the ASS and do a TD with the SA and explain him the problem they will help you resolve it ..
  5. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    GUYS, It's by accident I realized that the So-Called "JHATKA" - (Prominent Recoil i get in lower gears i.e 1-2-3) I have been mentioning about all this while .... and for which the TASS has advised a full Clutch-Kit Replacement under warranty... is nothing but the AC...

well i happened to note the change in driving and handling of the car when I switched the AC on/off..
    when the AC was on the JHATKA was prominent and seemed like a Lag in pick up..
    and when I Switched it off... Voila...all problems were gone and the car ran smooth....
    so I am sure its the AC to be blamed..only issue is ... what the hell should i check in it to rectify it ?? Kya karu ??
  6. When the ac is on the initial pick up and performance reduces considerably in cold engine condition.it reduces once yhe engine is hot. .
    Is your problem similar to this??
    I would suggest you take a test drive in your friends car, and if the problem is really in your car then take it to SC and show Service advisor the difference. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Jhatka happens during low rpm..nthing else i think so..spl during 2nd nd 3rd gear if ur speed is quite low..crrct me if am wrng
  8. When a person has used his car for 23k kms it is highly unlikely that he will be making mistakes like this..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    okay..thn hope 4 d bst..