1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ground clearance of abarth

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by punto11, Jan 16, 2016.

1. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    hi
    its already 10pm and you know I can't find the ground clearance of abarth punto in their website or anywhere.i m in the process of upgradation of my punto active mjd 1.3 unfortunately here in Assam where fiat should not have a service centre as sales are low. I have already called the local dealer multiple times with different queries and they never call back. I will get whatever I want anyway but just wanted to let you know the real situation. I even threatened them that scross is nearby. But noone bothered. They offered around 2lakh for my beauty quoting fiats resale value is very low. Really frustrating. I really don't like a rear mounted wheel so wanted to go for abarth punto. Want to know how much gc it has as i m in the north east and a 185mm will be enough for me
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @punto11 : GC of Abarth punto is 155mm which is 3cm lower than Evo. i feel its more than enough. others can suggest well.
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The GC of the Abarth is 155 mm but the stiffer suspension makes it a fun to drive. It never pitches and didnt find GC to be an issue. I run on a much lower GC on my palio and still do quite a lot of off road drives occasionally.

20151110_153205.jpg

248A9364.JPG
    Sachin patel, Raaz, linea4me and 7 others like this.
  4. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it possible to get Abarth suspension kit for grande Punto, when checked with service Center they are saying pre 2012 punto suspension and Abarth suspension are same, but the GC for both the cars are different, how to find the suspension part number for Abarth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    personally, i feel 155mm is sufficient for hatchback.
  6. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I personally feel its really low atleast for some cities. Even in highways i need to slower a lot to pass this potholes. I had a linea with 163mm GC kit later upgraded to 185mm.This happens to me always when there are total 5 people on the car or if the booth is completely full and heavy. My mother has completely refused to purchase sedan in future she clearly mentioned an SUV or an Crossover. @punto11 Dont go to what I say , this was just my review with my city conditions. Please check your city conditions and what all outstations you go and how often. If assam has great roads then 155mm will be good enough.
  7. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I'm staying in Delhi NCR, so 185mm of Evo seems more than enough.

8. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys just trying to understand when all other car makers are providing around 170 GC, why we need to be in high heals , at least planning to downgrade mine to pre 2012 suspension

9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    155 mm of GC in Abarth doesn't necessarily mean that it is insufficient. It is the stiffest suspension that fiat India has provided which essentially means that it is better than a 170 mm soft sprung car. The pre-2012 linea and Punto that were known to scrape under full load had much softer suspensions.

I have known from various abarth owners that the GC is sufficient and doesn't scrape even with 4 people onboard.

Of course in front of a UC abarth, the abarth Punto might seem a little less practical but when seen in isolation it isn't bad at all
  10. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Turbothinghy

is it possible to source the 155mm GC kit of abarth punto from FASS, do we have any issues in fitting them to diesel punto, also i am not able to get those part number.