1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Greetings from an ex-Palioite and a soon-to-be-Punter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Deb, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings Fiat fans!

This is Deb from Bangalore. If any of you have been active on the Palio Users Yahoo Group during the early years of last decade, you may remember me. I used to be quite active there from 2002 - 2005 when I had a Palio 1.2 EL back in Delhi. I have also attended a couple of meets for the Delhi chapter and they were some memorable experiences.

So after some years of being out of the country, moving to Bangalore and some bad experiences with an used Opel, it was time for me to look for a new hatch. Finally decided on the GP 1.4 E+ (I guess once you're bitten by the Fiat bug, it's hard to settle for anything else). Booked it last weekend from Concorde (Dairy Circle) and have been told of a 15 day wait for the delivery. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Though I registered here on TFI today, I have been lurking around for the last few weeks while doing my research. Thanks for making all the manuals available. :)

Well, looking forward to having some fun here and meeting the B'lore members sometime in the future, and of course, my GP! Do let me know if any of the old-timers from the PUG recognize me; it would be nice to see you guys again!

Cheers!
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Deb. Welcome to TFI. I hope you will find it useful. ::T

P.S.- With the price of Petrol/diesel rising, why not opt for 1.3MJD instead of 1.4FIRE?
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome back Deb,
    Yes rightly said once bitten by a Fiat bug you are bond to remain with the BUG.
  4. Welcome to TFI Deb. You are right, once bitten by the FIAT bug, its hard to settle for anything less.
  5. Thanks everyone!

It did cross my mind (obviously :)) but I was looking for better performance. Though the 1.4 FIRE isn't that hot on performance, I found it satisfactory from the TD and was quite impressed by the NVH levels. Didn't actually take a TD of the MJD, but I got the impression from various sources that it felt underpowered.

Most importantly, my usage is not expected to be high enough to recover the additional expense on a diesel in a short time. Though, with every price rise, the equation changes, doesn't it?
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Warm welcome, congratulations and best wishes, Deb. Happy and safe motoring.
  7. Just wanted to update you guys that I got my sweetheart (as a friend aptly put it :)) home today! It's not my first car, but the feeling I'm having right now is indescribable. Hope to write a detailed report soon starting with the dealership experience. Will probably take a while though as right now I'm just too excited to do anything creative! :dancing

Thank you all for all your wishes!
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulatgion Deb.

Open your ownership experience with lots of pictutes.
  9. Thanks Ravi!

Somebody rightly said on another thread: The Emotion pack is "a pack of emotions!" :)

You should see all the activity on my FaceBook page all day: http://www.facebook.com/dbanik
  10. Warm welcome to the forum!

Though I'm late, I would like to convey my hearty congratulations to you on your new car. :)

Please share your experience in a new thread in the appropriate section. Do click lots of pics.

PS: I've sent you a friend request in FB.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.