1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Green Duck Waterless Car Wash

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Relativity, May 7, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Guys,

I ran out of ONR and Auto Mall is out of stock. So, I started a quest to find a different brand that will do the job similar to ONR, i.e. a No Rinse Cleanser. First choice was DURAGLOSS being sold by Sanjay at Bringingbest.com but he hasn't received the first shipment yet.
    The other choice was Eagle One Easi Dri Car Shampoo but it is not like ONR. It is a regular shampoo that needs to be rinsed off, only it dries faster.

Then, I came across an Indian company claiming to have formulated a product that is not only rinse free but can be directly sprayed on the car. They claim it is being exported worldwide though they don't have any distributors in India. I wrote to them and here are the details:
    Waterless Car Wash, Car Care Products, Green Duck Industries, India
    They will ship the product with 2 Micro Fiber towels for Rs. 500

I am planning to try it and will post the experience. If anybody has tried it, please share your experience.
    3 people like this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Where's all the detailers?
  3. Thanks for the info Relativity!
  4. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for the info man...
  5. I am hearing for the first time about waterless car wash. Could you please enlighten me? Is it easier than car wash with water?
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    A lot of us have been using ONR here instead of regular car shampoo. ONR can be used to dilute in about 1 liter water and wipe the car. it saves you the trouble of using shampoo, rinsing and drying. It also saves Water and keeps your parking dry and clean. I have paid GreenDuck and the product will be dispatched today.
    1 person likes this.
  7. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    I don't think we can wash complete car more than twice. around 250 per car wash....:)
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont know about this particular product but I've got waterless wash done before, at forum mall in bangalore.
    I wasn't too happy with the work at all., after the wash i could feel that the job was definitely not up to my happiness at all.
    May be this product is better (I dont know which one they used) but this is my opinion on waterless wash..

PS:; Any particular reason for going in with waterless wash ? I mean if you dont like to wipe then you can buy 'Eagle one car shampoo' , just 3 caps full into a full bucket of water and wipe it once then just a gentle stream of water after shampooing would do.
    It will automatically sheet out all the water marks for you, also adds a bit of base shine.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks theblack. The reasons are plenty - water wash takes a lot of time. dusting, rinse with clear water, shampoo, rinse with clear water, wipe to dry, quick detailer for watermarks and spots. Plus it consumes a lot of water and effort.
    While using ONR, the steps are limited to Dust the car + wipe with ONR + Wipe off with a clean MF. Done! If AutoMall can get ONR stocks, I am quite happy with it.

Eagle One Easi Dri is not like ONR. It is just a regular shampoo I guess. Plus the reviews on Autopia are not good for it. Are you happy with this product?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Eagle one car shampoo , I'm very happy with it..
    It does exactly what is quoted on the jar.

You're comparison of what is done with water washing is interesting..
    I only follow the 2 bucket formula.
    step 1.) blast a jet of water all over the car to remove dirt, (even under chassis and wheel arches)
    2.) 2 buckets : one with clean water and one with water + shampoo
    3.) just wipe the whole car using the 2 bucket system.
    4.) simply connect a pipe to you're water outlet and take that gentle stream of water all over the car
    Done! ( just leave it by itself ,have a cup of coffee and you will see how automatically the water patches disappear)

If you're concerned about water then I agree , there is definitely water being used.
    but how will you clean under the wheel arches without a water jet?

Also by this method I usually clean the whole car in 20-30 mins, which would otherwise take me up to 50mins, as a bonus it also adds shine ;-)