1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Greater NOIDA to Mumbai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by johnny, Oct 31, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for details. How much time it took for Mumbai -Gandhinagar & GandiNagar- Narsirabad ?
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OK. 29th & 30 Oct have been blocked.

Regards
    Johnny

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

On both days I started by 0530 AM. I reached Gandhinagar by 2 PM. I reached Nasirabad by 2:15 PM.

Regards
    Johnny
    1 person likes this.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We had driven from Greater NOIDA to Mumbai during early October. I was a bit busy to post the details.

I am posting this to bring out some route variations.

The newspapers were full of the news about how bad the Delhi - Jaipur road had become. So, we did a bit of thinking out of the box, and decided to get on to our own Yamuna expressway which starts from Greater NOIDA. This is probably the best stretch of road in the country, and the only problem you face is to keep the speed at a reasonable level. The icing on the cake is that there is very little traffic, probably because of the hefty tolls. We exited the expressway at Mathura, and bypassed Bharatpur (the bypass is quite bad), and hit the Agra-Jaipur highway (4 lane & good). On hitting Jaipur, bypassed it to the South and then hit the highway to Ajmer. The extra distance was just about 50 kms, and it was well worth it.

We did the first night halt at Nasirabad. When we left Nasirabad on the next morning, we found that the highway was blocked because a gas tanker had overturned and was blocking the road (it had happened the previous evening!!!). So, we went into Ajmer, and caught the old highway which is a 2 lane. The surface was OK and the traffic was thin.

The Udaipur bypass is still messed up, and you just have to grin and bear it. Second night halt was at Gandhinagar.

On the next leg, we were wondering if Surat was still under floods. Fortunately for us the waters had receded. The Bharuch bridge is still a bit of a bottle neck. However, they have improved traffic flow by allowing only light vehicles on the smaller Western bridge. The rest of the drive to Mumbai was good.

We discovered a fantastic Parsi eating place, which is situated on the right of the road, just a few km from the Guj-Maharashtra border. The place is called AHURA, and served really great Parsi food - definitely worth stopping there.

We have done a trip to Goa, and we are planning a trip to Pondicherry, Velankanni in Nov, before we return to Greater NOIDA in early December.

Regards
    Johnny