1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Great News - For GP Active owners

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nmp, Jul 6, 2010.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    sheesh no anti thef and they want 10 grand for it ..... am gonna have to evaluate alternates
  2. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Sumit

Do you have to pay additional charges for installation? or its free.
  3. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Novizio

Chandigarh
    Gautam, make sure you buy the central locking made for active model. Mine installation took 7 hours and is very very complicated.
    They have provided a bundle of wires and jacks and there is not cutting of wires involved. Not to mention the ACUTATORS.

Do not go for jugaad autocop installation.
  4. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Novizio

Chandigarh
    Price of Rs. 9985 is inclusive of all taxes and it also includes the installation, which took a whopping 7 hours.

Now wires were cut during installation. They have provided jacks and use the current electricals of the car.
  5. Sachin

Sachin Timido

Mumbai
    Hi team....

i asked authorised vendor to install the central locking kit in my GP active and he did same. He has given manual which is TATA motors Autocop manual and remote also has TATA emboseed on back side of remote. I am in doubt whther these chaps has taken money from me and installed TATA central locking kit.

please help....

thanks
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sachin, I guess the genuine Fiat keyless locking system for GP Active has Fiat logo on the remote.
    SumitBahl has got it recently with FIAT logo at the back.

How much did you pay for your central locking system?

Here are two posts by SumitBahl explaining the CL:

7. Sachin

Sachin Timido

Mumbai
    Hey thnks dear....

I paid 10K that too after bargain...I asked dealer to waive off 500 installation charges.....

manual front page says "TATA MOTORS Accessories" and came with three year warranty.

looks like dealer has cheated me....how do I confirm that dealer has supplied wrong kit to me....

Sachin
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all, did you get these additional features working now?

I think you can send a mail to Fiat and inquire from them if their active kits come with TATA logo and manuals with TATA accessories written on them. This seems to be the more appropriate step.
    It may be a rare possibility that TATA logo may be written but this should be the case. TATA is TATA, FIAT is FIAT.

Only other option would be to check with some other dealer and ask if they get TATA logo active kits.
  9. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Novizio

Chandigarh
    You have certainly been duped my friend.
    I am pretty sure they have given you some generic central locking.

Manual says "For FIAT Punto Active" and the remote has embossed FIAT logos on the back.

Check out the pictures I have posted on previous page of this thread.
  10. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Sachin

Do update us about the Tata/Fiat CL confusion.