1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grease coating on all four alloys in linea mjd emotion

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Mabams1826, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi guys, I had just driven my new linea mid emotion for 2100k, mainly on high ways, I observed thick grease coat in front alloys and a little milder coat on back wheels.Spoke to the service they said its nothing to worry about, but asked to bring the vehicle for inspection, any idea what the problem would be?
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Only reason why front wheels can be greasy will be because of a failed CV boot which will spill grease. Get it inspected and replaced even if there is a small hole.

No idea on the rear wheels though.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot sunnyBoi will do so.....
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Are you sure it's not brake dust?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Wash it with car shampoo or soap water and brush first and use the car for a brief period. If it appears again post pics and show the SC, as sine04 mentioned it might be nothing but just some brake dust which is normal.
  6. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot for quick reply guys, just washed the wheels, planning to take to SC I
    after few days of driving.Will post snaps as well.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I don't think there is any reason to panic and go to the SC.

Like everyone else said it is Brake dust. The Brake dust would be seen only on the Front wheels, it must be some other dirt on the rear ones. I don't believe it is grease unless you actually checked with your hand and are sure about it.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Dont worry about it. It is brake dust and this is common in Linea n Punto.
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I think it would be a combination of brake dust come road dirt and maybe you picked up / drove through an oil patch is reasonably common on the highways.I remember the first time i took my Fabia to Shimla and back , the tyres were almost black - all got cleaned up , no problems whatsoever.

Even with the T-Jet , after a long drive or after many days of small distance driving there is a build up of dirt which feels "greasy" to the touch but no issues again , gets cleaned straight off.