1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto rear lights conversion to EVO lights

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by kedarbendre, Aug 20, 2012.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am planning to buy Punto EVO Tail lamps for my Grande Punto 90HP from UK.

I got a DIY thread on FIAT forum here is the link.

Can you guys please let me know what parts are needed and is it available in India or do I need to buy required parts for this DIY from UK.

Experts please reply. It is very important DIY for me. He mentioned some parts to remove the error message on MID. Please let me know about those parts please.

Punto Tail Lamp.jpg

Punto TL 1.jpg

2011-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Abarth-from-Rear-Side-View-Picture-570x411.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    personally i feel that these lights wont stand out as it is very much similar to the OE lights used now. Until you tell a person the noticeable difference will be negligible. Wont it be better to go for an aftermarket one..
    Im looking out for this particular model to get it installed in my GP. Can you source it for me from UK. They have tail lamps too

https://www.dectane.de/product_info...at-g-punto-05-08-daytime-running-light-b.html
    1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nimish I searched for LED tail lights as well but if you will install them it will through an error message on MID and I dont have information about how to remove that error message.
    I liked design of OEM tail lamps then these tail lamps.

In flesh it looks amazing in night. The stop is too good.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    romis car has 11 error messages when he starts.. :D. He is happily living with it for the past one year. Check headlight, check fog light,check rear tail light etc.. Once there is a volt difference the canbus circuit will show an error message
    2 people like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Exactly thats my cocern and I dont want any error messages on my MID. The DIY on FIATforum has some step where he gets rid of those error messages.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes, I have read in Fiat forum. Need to add a resistor and make some changes in connectors.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Experts comments please. I need advise on what parts I need to source from UK along with the set of these tail lights or everything is available in India? Where are the experts on this forums?

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Nimish I sent you a PM, please check and reply.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i dont know how well it works.. But when i visited a guy in blr ( for angel eyes) i also asked him to take a look at this and showed him a many photos of how i want the tail lamp to be..
    He said he can do it..
    The thing is you need to remove the entire lamp assy and use a heat gun to burn through the housing to get the deign you want. Then its only a matter of getting the right LEDs.
    I didn't get the courage to go ahead when he spoke about burn, heat gun and all :)
    now i'm thinking of it again.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    theblack these tail lights are direct fit to Grande punto which is confirmed from FIAT spare part division. We took measurement as well and these are OEM FIAT tail lamps.
  10. kiranrajan

kiranrajan

@kedar..
    I tried getting the same pair of tail lamp from my recent trip to Egypt..
    but the guy at show room said the no. Of pins (socket) is diff for the GP and evo
    so I didn't get it..
    Experts pls share yr views..