1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto or Punto Evo - Help Me

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Parashu, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Parashu

Parashu Timido

bengalooru
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @himanshu4886 , @Ravi, @rishike007, @asimpleson, @kedarbendre - Thanks a ton for your suggestions and advice, I will be making my decision in a week or so on this and keep you guys posted.

@punto_emotion - Very well said, accounting family advice matters a lot bfore purchasing anything ;)

@ghodlur - Rightly said, your and @Bala 's advice making me think of Pre-owned and then investing large chunk on brand new Fiat beauty after couple of years.
    rishike007 likes this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Parashu Budget allowing go for a new one. I would stay away from pre owned unless you are buying from someone very close. Secondly Fiat have ironed out small niggles in each of the iteration. So the older the model is the chances of small niggles are more.
    Besides Fiats have really poor resale so if you are planning to sell it after 3 years it wouldn't be wise to get a Fiat.

Being a GP owner here are my thoughts

-- If you are planning to retain the car for more tna 5 years GP makes sense if you are okay with the interiors. Every time I see Evo interiors I feel if I could have it on my GP. Exterior wise GP design will remain one of the best for years to come. May be 50 years from now we will have the GP design as iconic as VW Beetle or Mini Cooper.
    -- If you plan to change within 5 years Evo makes more sense.
    -- Else if planning to buy pre owned go for T-JET. You need to drive this machine once. Its one of the best even when compared to cars twice its price.

Last but not the least all Fiat plans of future launches should be taken with bucket loads of salt. Fiat really hasn't stuck to its promises in Indian market.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    For a person just starting his life with a new kid,I would not recommend a loan straight away.Supposing you are taking a loan of 5 lakh rupees to buy a new Evo,the interest alone that you would be paying back would be around Rs.6000.If you invest that interest alone for your kid every month,17 years later you will have surplus money to put him into a medical college or any foreign university.
    Since Fiat cars have poor resale,you can get an almost new car for reasonable money or wait till December for Fiat to increase the discount on the unsold old Puntos .
    Leave alone living lavish on borrowed money,even if you have money it is not necessary that you should splurge.A colleague of mine who earns 3 lakh rupees a day owns only a humble Etios and this is only his 3rd car in 21 years of earning,he is not stingy but only money wise.
    Am I very old school???
    prabhjot and Parashu like this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @Bala. I agree and disagree with your views. Your colleague will be better off charging less for his clients and putting an invaluable smile on their face and relief from agony. I dont want to delve deep in to your colleagues lifestyle, but he should be enjoying his life a bit instead of saving for the next couple of generations. If people with money dont spend, then it will lead to lock up of money. Economy depends on the rotation of money and the passing of it into different hands . One also needs to have the Yogam to enjoy his earning:)

Abdul
  6. Parashu

Parashu Timido

bengalooru
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Bala - agree to certain extent and at the same time feel more selfish to own a one to enjoy the earning [even if its borrowed ;)]. I know it sounds bit odd but thats the fact most of the time. All these years have been compromising on so many things and thought now should get some liberty for self to enjoy more. So thought of owning new one and then also thought of pre-owned as u mentioned earlier.

@jumu - :happy: Without much saying just following the words "Live the moment"
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though this off topic, and http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/money-thread.705/ thread is more appropriate.

But depends on what your friend wants from life. Earning 3 L per day and having Etios, seems to me he should have other obligation to do, else someone else will enjoy his money in future :).

Taking loan or not for a car depends how you plan your finances. Sometime taking loan is more beneficial than spending your own money.

Anyway, lets leave this topic here. I guess once someone decided to buy a car, we all assume financial planning is done and based on that car buy is planned.

Topic here is should he buy EVO or Grande Punto.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    EVO for the all the new cosmetic things even though the core car is same, if more driving is in city go for 75 HP emotion, in case of highway go for 90 HP
    option of interior colors also all black on 90 HP and beige on 75 HP