1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto or Punto Evo - Help Me

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Parashu, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Parashu

Parashu Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Hey Folks,

Nice to see much active and dedicated forum for FIAT world. I am planning to buy a first family car as we have new brat in the family - Lil Kiddo :)

So we are seriously planning to own / adopt / steal the best from the lot.

I am confused over Grande Punto and Evo - as dealers in Bengaluru are offering close to Lakh offer.

TD and Quote from Vecto Motors came to 8.4L OTR for EVO and SA said 7.3 + / - L for Grande Punto. Thats where I got confused - typical desi mind [can save 1L from Loan and interests]

Valuable suggestions and advice would be helpful.

Thanks, in advance
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    If Avventura is not into consideration then go for Grande Punto. It has peculiar looks of Italian machine. There will be double benefit of price and looks.

IMO Grande Punto looks are much better. If you like fancy stuff like chrome and new headlights then don't think about money and go for Evo. 1L can never replace joy of choice.

Congratulations in advance. You have made a good decision for choosing Fiat.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    1L is certainly tempting when there is no mechanical change, however that will be older vehicle and you need to be extra careful. Also, EVO interiors are much better, with beige color (if you like) and better quality and design overall.

If you decide on Grande, please make sure to do a thorough PDI, this thread should help you - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/pre-delivery-inspection-checklist.12759/.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Notable difference would be in terms of interiors. Evo has upmarket and a plush touch to interiors. This would be a differentiating factor because when you drive, 'interiors are for owners; exteriors for the external admirers' ;) So, take an opinion from your family in this aspect. They are the ones who spend time inside the car & give attention to interiors because for us, once behind a Fiat steering; rest of the things are forgotten :p

Welcome to TFI and Fiat club!
    Parashu likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Since loan is mentioned, you could have benefit of lower EMI or faster paying off of car loan. If you are considering spending close to 8.4L onroad, please get quotes for Avventura also. Really the choice would be between Grande Punto vs Avventura, if spending more is considered.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Hearty congratulations on the arrival of the new kid in the family.
    If you wanna steal,one mod from Bangalore has a nice car:)
    About buying a car on loan,I always have a different opinion.Don't borrow money for any purpose.I know it's old school,but still...
    With the money available on hand you can buy a preowned Punto for dead cheap and start saving to buy a new one after 3 years.
    Good luck .
    Parashu and jumu like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I would suggest you to go ahead with Punto Evo for modern design, excellent interiors and better fit n finish than Grande Punto.
    If you want to buy Grande Punto then I would suggest you to get a very well maintained Grande Punto in used car market. You will save a huge amount.
    If its new then go for Evo orelse Grande Punto from used car market.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Parashu if you are comfortable paying 8.4L for evo then please go ahead with it as its a different breed. Also will suggest to check out Avventura. Otherwise for Grande Punto you are getting the best deal :)
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Having a loan on a depreciating asset is never a wise choice. However if you have to opt for the loan, then you might as well go for lesser loan by opting the Grande Punto. By doing this you are in no way reducing the joy of owning a Fiat. The car by all means is worth enjoying. Evo is basically cosmetically modified Grande Punto.

Grande Punto it is then. One more thing - wise choice mate, you wont regret it.
  10. Parashu

Parashu Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Bala,

Thanks for your wishes and suggestion, that's quiet evident to go with pre-owned as long as its maintained like baby :)
    Please point me to the right deal so that I can think of,