1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande punto mjd 2009 g.c upgrade done

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by varun pandit, Feb 17, 2013.

1. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    hi doc. u guessed it right,ride quality is slightly compromised especially at low speed over rough roads,but i can compromise on that rather having repeated underbody scrappings(roads are very bad in and around doon).the g.c kit includes 4 shockabsorbers and one balance rod,no spacers are placed to increase g.c . if u have good roads in cochin than u can revert back to old shockers,but it will lower u'r cars g.c for sure.:ugeek:but lowering g.c will give u more confidence on highway driving.
  2. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    confusion.plz help

hi ppl.i'm a bit confused about my g.c upgrade kit.my g.c kit for punto didn't have coil springs with the shock absorbers so the t.a.s.c ppl used old coil springs from the old shockabsorbers and placed them with new ones.but in this forum i saw a linea g.c upgrade where new coil springs were provided with the g.c kit.my question is,should i order new coil springs of 2012 punto and install them or should i continue with the present setup.plz help.:confused:
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Coil springs are not part of the standard GC upgrade kit. Coil springs need not be changed. Rest assured and enjoy the raise.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  4. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    Guys i am at service center to install gc kit for my punto 1.3 mjd active. I saw that the rear shocks were of same size though the front shockers were little big. The guys here said the rear shockers are of same size as earlier and has difference only in compression. Is it true please enlighten me.. I am the service center still and don't want to be ripped off.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, they are visually identical. Both have different part numbers. So if you need to complete package go for the rear replacement too, but if I were you I would just do up the fronts, because they are the ones that up the GC and prevent the engine guard fron scraping the ground.
  6. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    It was done today, i can see the difference in height, i am liking it... I also figured out the shockers that came along with the car seems original comparing with the one that came as gc kit..

7. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    Check some pics... quby6u6e.jpg egepe8en.jpg

1 person likes this.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    But the front suspensions are the one that irks, as these are what a driver feels sitting in front and steering the wheels. So if one wants a GC increase come what may, then he has no option.

Abdul