1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto Lowering

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Nimish antony, Jul 16, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Yes I'm well aware of that.. My point was in addition to the suspension job the 17 inchers would spell a lot of trouble
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

I truly agree with you black. I had been studying the same for quite some time and thought of posting a thread before finally going ahead with the project.
    I thought of lowering springs just because it was cost effective. H&R and Eibach were ruled out because it was more expensive and stiff.
    Shortlisted Vogtland because it was not too hard and light on the pocket. The dealer quoted 18K inclusive of shipping charges.

Well then i came to know of spring compressing which is much more cheaper so spoke to a guy who does that. Its like you can compress your existing springs with a drop up to 20mm. Enquired with the fiat dealer and he quoted 2200 per spring for the front and 673 for the rear.
    Then its like my suspension acts the same way and im gonna have an issue with the lowered stance. Cost incurred would be 4000 fr compressing

Spoke with Raj exhausts and header guy in bangalore who stiffens the existing springs and lowers it at the same time. A friend of mine had stiffened the Palio and its a car which can do corners at awesome speeds. But the issue was i have 17inch and if i have a stiff suspension. I wont live long to ride.
    I think i have come to terms with an adjustable suspension. So i am at my free will to increase and decrease the ride height. :D