1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto FX1160 Fog Lamp Installed!

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by extr3mex, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just get the Brackets painted white.
    your Grande looks Grand
    1 person likes this.
  2. CRDi

CRDi Timido

Another good option is to fit Hella micro DE with 35W HID 4200K/ 3000K in place of fog lights.
  3. Hi,

Could you tell me about the wiring you have done to install the fogs?
    Did you use any relays?
    How did you connect it?
    Is the MID showing any errors due to the extra load?

Would really help if you could help me with this, since I would like to add on fogs on the Punto as well.
  4. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    Hey buddy, sorry for the late reply , have been busy lately. I have a GP Active version so I believe the CPU configuration in mine and the higher models are little different. I haven't seen any sort of errors but sometimes I do get a Bulb warning at times :confused: if thats what you are asking. But I haven't faced any issues with extra load or anything of that sort so far.

The wiring is a normal wiring setup i.e. power is direct from the battery. I have connected through the security system socket and also have a toggle/rocker switch to turn on/off the fogs.

Hope this helps.
  5. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Your Punto looks great with the aux lamps!
    Congrats on the better night visibility!

How are the brackets connected to the frame? Have you got them welded or have you fabricated clamps that are bolted on to the frame?
    I'm curious to know as I had welded similar clamps on my earlier car and they vibrated so much that they caused the lamp to break! Glad to know yours don't vibrate :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    extr3mex likes this.
  6. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    How are the brackets connected to the frame? Have you got them welded or have you fabricated clamps that are bolted on to the frame?
    I have got mine bolted. Thanx
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  7. Can you share a pic of how you have got it bolted on?