1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto Active 1.3

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by bones, Feb 12, 2011.

1. bones

bones

chandigarh
    thanks ansal , really loving the drive and overall ownership experience
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Pictures rae damm clear, do write about the ownership review as well as at the time of taking delivery
  3. bones

bones

chandigarh
    OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE -

DELIVERY - i took the delivery of my newest toy on 13th feb (sunday) , so thats the official b'day of my car :car . reached half an hour early to take delivery of the car , but the sales man who had the car keys and the documents wasnt there yet , so waited in the lounge appreciating the beauty of the car which was parked right in front of the showroom entrance . finally the sales man came , was so excited to finally get the car that i forgot to shake hands with the sales man (my dad later pointed out that to me) . the sales man gave us the papers of the car plus a box of sweets and congratulated us. he then gave the keys of the car to me which i gave to my dad , he (dad) first told me to drive it , but i insisted so he drove it to the petrol pump where punto got filled up to the brim with diesel (43 ltr) . didnt know intially where the button to reset the trip was , but found it finally . from there we went to the temple to gets almighty blessing . was worried abt getting scratches on my car when the priest was writing om on the bonut . but my dad gave me a look :mad: so i stopped looking pissed of at the priest....(got the car at a price of 4,18,400 + 1500 rs for temp number registration and number plate , got insurance , road side assistance and 2+2 year warranty free , they also gave me mud flaps and door mats for free , although i didnt install the mud flaps , after a week or so they said they will give me car cover and duplicate key+ original insurance papers)

POST DELIVERY- straight from the temple i took my car to the alloy and wheel shop , where after inquiring abt different alloys and tyres , i finally decided on the right alloys and tyres , i had already decided that the tyres were gonna be of 195/60/15 configuration and of apollo brand , but after discussing with the shop owner and a few customers who were standing in the shop i decided to go for GT Champiro tyres , as the vendor told me that they had a longer life and low maintenance . at that time rain started coming , but wasnt going to stop me to get the mods done on my car.
    after getting the alloys fitted in the car i went to the car audio shop where i picked kenwood 7016 hu , infinity 6030 cs components , kenwood 845 amp , scosche wiring and dynamat xtreme damping , it took 3hrs for installation. but i gotta say the the sq is pretty amazing although i wish to add rear coaxials (jbl gto 948) , a sub (infinity kappa 120.9) and a mono amp (focal solid 1) later . when the speakers installation guy was opening the doors and tearing the plastic covering from inside of the doors it was hard to watch (as it was a 2 hr old car , but it had to be done) . after a long and tiring day i went home and had a nap then washed my car , was discouraged to see rain come again as it meant i couldnt take car for a drive as it would get dirty . on following morning took car for a drive , the gear shift felt a little heard , but the engine noise was negligible and the car had awesome pick up even in the 2nd gear (was surprised to see this as i had read a lot that intially the pick up would be sluggish) , but car ran like a dream , even within city limits i was able to drive car at 130km/hr , it felt good as i had my fears from hearing people bitch abt this car , but it felt great driving this beast , i didnt feel even once that i was in a compact car , it felt like a big car . even on the curves i drove fast and the seemed stable as ever , its suspension also deserves a special mention as it eats up bad potholes without any worry , while on the drive i went to the shop to get the sunfilm on my car windows . then my friend yashik (paddle shifter) gave me call to come meet him up , as he too was excited to see my car . as i went there i told him to sit in my car , and then we went for a drive , he was initially surprised to feel the pickup in my car (he even told me " yaar tu meri car aise chala ke dikha") . he said even the noise levels of the engine were even lower in my car , then i gave him the key to my car so that he can take a test drive , he was pleasantly surprised to see that a 1 day old punto had so much pickup , we also joked that they might have accidently given me 90bhp punto :lol: , he also noticed that gear shifts were also smoother plus the steering wheel felt lighter than his car . then i asked to drive his car (as u all might now he owns BNW punto emotion pack aug 2010) immediately i could feel increased engine noise in his car and the lack of initial acceleration , he noticed it too . then we parked our cars together lifted the bonut up of both cars and turned the engine on , the difference was obvious the engine sound of my car was smoother and low , plus the engine vibration in my car were also low , yashik also noticed a few other things , but i will let him explain them as he has more technical knowledge then me on this stuff . so far the experience of owning the punto has been awesome , i m loving it :dance
    P.S - more pics to come
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Good said bones, its sure that the more you drive her the more you will fall in live with her.
    But take care and drive safe, overspeed only on the road that is know to you.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice review bones. BTW now I know why you chose Bones as your username. ::T

Its already up and running here: :mrgreen:
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1792
  6. bones

bones

chandigarh
    haha ::D yashik , i always wanted to do ortho , so the name..
  7. bones

bones

chandigarh
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice pics man!! ::T Are you at home? How about coming to the sector-27 car market?
  9. bones

bones

chandigarh
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Congrats buddy....
    I just noticed one thing... your car does not have multijet logo in the front grill... Did you removed it or FIAT stopped putting it...