1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto Active 1.3

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by bones, Feb 12, 2011.

1. bones

so journey began 1 months back when i started looking for a small car to be driven arnd by me and my dad in the city . first choice was to get vw polo , but it had a 6 month long booking period , so it was cancelled , next choice was to get i20 diesel but heard it had problems with the ac and suspension , so dropped it , then thought of buying the honda city but the increasing petrol rates and my liking of diesel engines made that not possible. till that point i had never considered the grande punto . then my friend yashik got the gp emotion pack , he was all praises abt the car , he showed me that fiat has increased the quality of its products . so thought would take a test drive , although i thought the interiors were lack luster at first , but they grew on me . the best part abt the car was the solid exterior build quality and its looks , ohhh wat can i say abt its looks , its a damn sexy car . the engine was not too loud and felt good while driving . the drive was descent but most importantly it felt stable . so i decided to get the grande punto active 1.3 , but as i was suggesting my family to get this car , they resisted a lot , referring to its poor history in india with its previous cars . but i had made my decision and i was not going to change it , after reading gp reviews on this forum my decision became stronger . finally my family caved in and i booked the GP active 1.3 in BNW colour . the lads at hind motors chandigarh are more courteous than the sales men at joshi auto zone . so after waiting 1 week for the delivery , finally getting the delivery of my italian beauty tomarrow . i plan to upgrade its tyre and alloys plus the ICE . the freedom to do ICE upgrade was one of the reasons i booked the active variant...will post pics tomarrow..
  2. Let me be the first one to congratulate you. Congrats and Happy motoring.
    Drive safe.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for being owner of famous,worldclass,award winner oil burner. :clapping

You will forget these low performer i-20,Vista (TDi),FIGO & POLO :hit

You can also get freedom to select ICE in Dynamic version also. In Dynamic version you could have got factory fitted C LOCK.

By the way, Insist for C lock specailly made for Active model. No need to alter car wiring. :wow

Never go for spurious cheap aftermarket C Lock available at Car Decor Shops. :devil
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Bones for your BNW GP, do post the ownership review, I am sure that your family will enjoy the drive in the great Italian Car.
  5. Congrats Bones. I too have a BNW Active Punto (Petrol). Happy punt-ing. Just read your looooooong discussion about ICE is GH. Sure you are going to enjoy the car and ICE. As said by Bhai, you will miss CL, Better MID, rear power windows, etc. Don't worry, you will forget them when you drive it.
  6. bones

thanks everybody will post pics and do post ownership review . i do not need rear power windows since the car very rarely has more than 1 passenger . i m installing central locking in my car which is costing 10000rs , it will be done by the fiat dealership itself without cutting any wires.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats bones. :clapping I am glad that you opted for PUNTO after seeing my car. :)

Waiting to see some pics and your beauty in flash soon. What alloys did you select finally??

@Bhai- I tried hard to convince him to atleast go for the dynamic variant as it has silver center console and advanced MyCar settings, bigger MID with chrome speedo. Dynamic variant is not available readily and there is a waiting period of upto 1 month for the same.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations, bones

...and welcome aboard to the Home of Fiat's....

Looking forward to your buying experience & initial Ownership report once you get the delivery.
  9. bones

finally got the ice done .................................kenwood 7016
    infinity 6030 components
    kenwood 845 amp
    scosche wiring
    dynamat damping front 2 doors
    total 25500
    sq- amazing
    next on list focal solid 1 amp
    kappa 120.9 sub

gt champiro tyres 195/60/15
    chrome alloys
    thanks for all the help , will soon post pics and do a post ownership review
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for going for Kenwood. :clapping

Only Kenwood comes with " Image Enhancer" technology. Means you can get perfect reproduction of sound.

While recording any song, Sound Recordist fixes the place & preferance of every instrument played in that song.
    Means Sound Recordist fixes how much preferance is to be given to every instrument played in song.

If you want dynamic sound output & realistic effects then Kenwood is the " Big Daddy " :wow

Kenwood has largest network of Authorised Service Centre. Kenwood HU are sturdy. Spares are easily available. Kenwood Rocks Man ! :dancing

BTW what is damping for front 2 doors ? ::O