1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto-1.4 Emotion Pk

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by Cubbie, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    more snaps..

Figo - Good Car...had blue tooth, alloys, stereo sound quality 100% better from Grande Punto, plastic quality was good etc...was equally impressed... but low ground clearance....no discount what so ever apart from Corporate discount of 6k....hard to reject car..

Then finally Chevy Beat --- All good feature...but low on internal spaces...being 6feet tall it becomes a 3 seat car if I pulled the drivers seat all the way back...hence had to drop it...

DSC_7198.JPG

DSC_7190.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Yesterday, I took my Snow White on to Ajmer / Jaipur Toll Highway.... over took all the vehicles one by one... then when I was overtaking a lorry from middle lane.. suddenly the lorry in front of me slowed down and started moving towards left... and then i got a clear view that 4 cows were crossing the 'Toll Road'... i wasnt speeding too much hence wasnt a problem to control and move towards left as well... once that tackled, i got a company of some bullet roadies (5 of them) with registration from DL, UP and HR... they bikes were looking beautiful... and they rode with good speed as well.. they were matching my Punto at 100-110 kmph.... but I knew I can run them out anytime if I wanted to, But stayed with them for next 15 minutes...

Then came the interesting part, a Silver Suzuki Baleno, DL registered, vroomed in front from left lane (I always tend to drive on middle one and leave the right most for over taking- Lane Discipline !!).. Then I told my wife that she would experience some fun... i was at about 80kmph and IC was hovering around 23-26kmpl & Tacho at around 2.0-2.5k RPM
    I stepped on the gas (accelerator), then tacho raised to 3---- 3.5----4-----5.0 and I was cruising at 130-140KMPH ::OO

Baleno was far behind... but knowing that I musnt keep this going at this speed for these reasons - Run In, Cows, Headless People, Broken Down Trucks, Tractors and for our own personal safety and of the car..
    allowed Baleno to bypass me..

After all this, my wife asked when would the fun part start :mad: :A

Valid Question eh !! --- She didnt experience anything unsual, the car was SO STABLE !!! I used to drive Verna 2 months back and that used give us a Boat Ride !!!

So 100% Marks to Fiat for giving us such a sturdy vehicle... so my paisaa wasool factor ....

IMG00020-20110122-1213.jpg

IMG00018-20110122-1206.jpg

IMG00007-20110122-1156.jpg

IMG00014-20110122-1158.jpg
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Forgot to add ... the Sound that comes in after 100KPH, is AWESOME... It sounds as though I am driving a Sportz Car !!!... Wondering how it would be to drive a Ferrari !!!
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your car. I wish they should have provided a spoiler for Emotion model.It will look even better with that. One thing that I didn't like is the cutting that they have done at the front to reduce the length for tax benefit in Indian version. From side it spoil the looks.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Some memories from Delhi Meet[attachment=0:jwnasgbj]Parade.JPG[/attachment:jwnasgbj][attachment=1:jwnasgbj]Mirror.JPG[/attachment:jwnasgbj][attachment=2:jwnasgbj]Double Protection.JPG[/attachment:jwnasgbj]

Double Protection.JPG

Mirror.JPG

Parade.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Reading:1980 KMS

Minor Issues : :helmet
    Wobbly ride at 70-80kmph speed, was told to get the alloys balanced - Due for 1st Service
    Passenger side Window : The Glass when trying to close comes out of the rubber beading, was told that a lock inside got mis-aligned and would be serviced during 1st service

Accessories
    Grande Punto Toy Car - Still in the transit (2 Months now !)
    Body Decals - Thin red Stripe (Ordered in front of me, last week)
    Door Sil Plates (Ordered in front of me, last week)

AC Upgrade
    My car recently got a AC Upgrade, initially I thought it was waste of time and efforts, but now it seems that the upgrade was beneficial, cooling is good
    Many on this forum has mentioned an increased in noise levels due to bigger fan. But in my case, the fan is as silent as before upgrade.

Also, the ECU was remapped during the upgrade.

Total Time : 11.45am to 6.30 pm (5.30 hours)

The engine is now smoother than before, 4th gear has bit more power than before, hence bit less gear changes required in Jaipur traffic Or else, my driving style might have improved ::O

The sump carrying coolant is just below Min Mark, it has been at that mark ever since i bought the car and even after AC Upgrade - I will again check over the weekend for any variation & have an eye on the Temp Meter inside to see if there is any variation.

Didnt Like : The driver side door was operated with oily hands, left some marks on the plastic, will wipe it with soap water and see if I can take them off, the car was bit dirtier on the exterior even after the car wash !! :mad:

Next Steps? ::pP
    I am contemplating if I should to go for CSC replacement as my car is a 2009 model, as such I dont have any issues with clutch yet. Please suggest :confused
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What they do in AC upgrade.Where is the sump located?
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sump : with orange liquid , blue cap , near the washer resevoir [in 1.2 petrol ] .

For ac update , pls. check here : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=890

Dilip
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hello,
    Did you get any corporate discount and any freebies with the car?Do you have any such information handy for you?
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    My Car was Manufactured in 2009 Sep , Dealer had this car in his yard since May 2010 and I got to own this beauty in Dec 2010.
    On Road Price in Jaipur was 6.92lakhs, I got it for nearly 5.85 at that time 4 yrs extended warranty and Road side assistance was on the deal along with free 1st year insurance & 10k cash back offer (all put together some 40k of direct discounts) so that car was offered for 6.5Lakhs

Now the 2009 Model Discounts (Bargain) started, 2 dealers had similar cars and hence had a good chance to get further discounts to make it on road price of Rs.5.85Lakhs and this includes 6k as Corporate Discounts as well.

I am happy with the purchase and recently got the speakers and amp added...now its a Great sounding machine -- Engine + Sound System :)