1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack 16k km Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by winimation, Mar 4, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You said it exactly. It is big tension for me to park my car in sun(with leather seat worth 23K). always try to park such a way that rays hit it from back, where I will keep some pillows to block it.
  2. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    The cost of the speakers was around Rs 4800/- got it somewhere near 4600/- from Carax, Pune. Brand: Blaupunkt THX-693 oval speakers. No wiring was disturbed for speakers. They just disconnected the rear door speaker & connected the wires with speakers in the parcel tray. Earlier I was worried with the depth of the speaker. But they are very thin with a good bass. One problem i noticed after the installation was AirBag Failure light use to come on while driving. Took the car to BU Bhandari & they fixed it saying that the wiring came out loose & they fixed it.

IF someone wants to have the best effect in Punto they can go oval speakers in parcel tray & component speakers in the front. Trust me, you would not need to change the HU as after the replacement a volume level of 11-16 would be enough to fill the car with clear treble & bass. You would need to change the HU or add amplifier only if you are listening probably beyond +20-25 levels. I can only go till 15 level with my current speaker set-up./
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for the detailed information. Will it disturb the boot space? Can you upload a picture ?
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Sorry for the late reply. No it does not disturb the boot space. You only see the speaker & wires when you lift the parcel tray. the depth gets covered in the parcel tray mould. It doesn't protrude out. Now I'm tempted to add good speakers in the front or go for component speakers for a much improved sound.

One more thing I believe is users who say that HU is crap may be so because of the fact that in some of the Punto/ Linea, HU comes from Delphi & not Blaupunkt. My linea has a Delphi unit with a Blaupunkt component speaker set-up. Something is missing in it as I'm not able to get the same quality which I get in Punto

Here are the pics as requested by you
    DSC_0021[1].jpg

DSC_0022[1].jpg

DSC_0023[1].jpg
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Some pics of Punto after 2 & 1/2 years of ownership & 24k kms of sheer fun

DSC_0028.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well maintained Grande.
    Just instruct the washer not to keep the wiper arm pulled upwards, as the tension of the springs looses his strength as you will be putting the wipers back on the screen before you get hold of her and the washer must have again pulling it out,
    just tell him to pull a bit and clean the area. (just advising) as the wipers of the punto dont have a back bone

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Well maintained Grande.
    Just instruct the washer not to keep the wiper arm pulled upwards, as the tension of the springs looses his strength as you will be putting the wipers back on the screen before you get hold of her and the washer must have again pulling it out,
    just tell him to pull a bit and clean the area. (just advising) as the wipers of the punto dont have a back bone
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you explain what it is?
    Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The right hand side wiper is more of Rubber which is good to clear the curves of the glass. and does not have the hard plastic to hold the rubber as at the Left side wiper..
    These types of Flexible wipes are there on Jaguar, Bentley, Alfa Romeo...
    Thats what i know dude,