1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack 16k km Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by winimation, Mar 4, 2011.

1. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    @SAF_Roadwarrior
    I bought the car from BU Bhandari. Sadly, they are not Fiat dealers anymore. I got a free insurance + extended warranty + corporate discount all worth 20k. If you are not getting a free insurance, take from bajaj Allianz. they r much cheaper.

I have discussed A.S.S in detail. Now Bu Bhandari is not there In Pune & when i go to Mumbai, I get my vehicle serviced at Bharti Automobiles.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ::T Nice thread and enjoyed reading the single words, And feel PROUD to have FIAT ::T
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very detailed & very nice review of the car.

But the main point is the Fuel Efficiency you are getting from 1.4 mill 19.9 kmpl. What you do or what driving techniques you use to get this mileage. Even I have 1.2 Emotion & I touched 19.2 kmpl max.

Please help me to get optimum mileage from my car.
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    @Kedar

Sorry for the late reply. Please not that the fuel efficiency of 19.9 kmpl is not standard. I got it only occasionally when driving on Mum-pune expressway & driving at a speed of 80-100kmph. In real-life conditions the mileage is in the range of 12-13kmpl.

The driving techniques I use I have already discussed in my earlier posts.
    1) One should ideally drive at a max steady speed of 80-100 as far as possible.
    2) Should change the gear up the moment rpm touches ard 2000 mark.
    3) Anticipate stoppages & put the car in neutral (Never switch off the engine) if you realize you will have to slow down ahead. The car's momentum will keep it going.
    4) Don't drive for short distance. The mileage is lesser when the engine is cold. Mileage improves when the engine temp reaches ideal temperature.
    5) Avoid Rapid acceleration.
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    This can be dangerous. Control over car is that much less and reaction time would increase if there is any situation to suddenly swerve. I would say never let the car roll on neutral. Shift to neutral only when you COMPLETELY stop, like at a traffic light.
  6. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Excellent A.S.S

In May, Fiat had organised a summer check-up camp ard 24th May. To reach the consumers better, they had sent their engineers to different service centres. I happen to meet Jagan Mali from Fiat at Bharati Automobiles.

There I told him, about
    1) the black film which was damaged on the left door & everytime I checked with service centre I was told that the film is not available
    2) The ashtray had the flap broken.
    3) I was complaining about the poor quality paint on the bonnet with frequent chipping.

For point 1 & 2, whenever I told it to service centres guys they tld me there is a shortage & the parts are not available. When I told this to Fiat guy (Jagan), he told me that this is completely untrue & he would send the part to the service centre. When I expressed concern, he offered to courier the parts to my address. He told me that I could then go to any service centre & have it fixed. I was amazed by such a commitment from Fiat. He kept his promise & the part was delivered to me by courier.
    I realised that the problem is not with FIAT but probably with tata service centres. Also I've noticed, if your concerns are not getting addressed, mark a mail to service@fiapl.com. I have done that & received a quick response from them or the service centre. Probably that's FIAT way of reaching the customer & listening to their pain points.

My loyalty to FIAT increase by a notch.:p The amount of money one spends on a car is huge & it's a great relief to know that someone is actually bothered about your concerns. They have also repainted the bonnet of my car on my insistence that there may be defect in the paint quality. I have been having similar issues with the sound quality of my Sony Ericsson Vivaz & the company simply refuses to listen.
  7. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    By putting the car in neutral, i mean doing so on a flat road where you know you have to slow down ahead. Do not do this on a descend. I then control the car by using brakes.

Doing it on a descend can be very risky as the car can gain momentum & when using brakes to stop it might overheat the brakes. On a descend, being in a gear help you control your car speed by being in the appropriate gear,
  8. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Mods in Punto 1.4EP

1) ICE : Well, as everyone would agree the stock ICE equipment is not top of the class so one needs to upgrade it. I did an evaluation of my Punto & found stock speakers to be an issue. The HU is perfect & can support better speakers than the stock speakers.

I went in for Blaupunkt 6*9 oval speakers in the parcel tray THX 693. The sound quality is awesome now. So you don't need to think of chanhing the head unit nor consider adding an amplifier as the HU unit is pretty powerful in powering even 70 *4 RMS rated speakers. I have retained the front stoc speakers.

2) Rear Sensor: I feel everyone should get rear sensor installed as it aids in parking. I'm sure no one would like to have a scracth on their punto.
    3) MudFlaps & Floor mats: got it from CARax.
    4) Sun Film: Not yet Installed. I don't want my windows to be tinted but sometimes considering the heat i get tempted to install 3M
    5) Seat Covers: I havent modified te seat covers as the stock covers are pretty strong & durable. The other risk is for EP there are airbags sensors installed below the front seats so I don't want to get the wiring damaged. Also for a tight fitting, one needs to remove the current seat covers & install the new one. So i thought the when the current stock seat covers are damaged beyond cleaning, then I will consider getting ti replaced.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What was the coast of speakers. Do it has to disturb any wiring that will remove warranty?
    Regarding seat covers you don't have to remove the old one. It gives better cushion effect. I remember some where read in XUV they have mentioned not to go for seat covers
    due to airbag sensors.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I would say better dont go for leather seat covers or seat covers at all, considering that now you cannot install sun films and the car's inside will be super hot if you park in the sun. Retain the fabric seat cover. I never used a seat cover. The OEM fabric looks as good as new.

Sunfilms: Forget installing it, or wait until another order or amendment comes from the Supreme court.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012