1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack 16k km Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by winimation, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Super Thread.
    Loved it!
    Guys please share this on your Facebook Profiles
  2. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    I forgot to cover the most important thing for us Indians ::D Fuel Economy
    I have been getting a FE of around 14-15 with AC mostly on & a mix of city & highway driving. I have driven on Mumbai- Pune @ speeds touching 120-140km/hr, I've noticed that you can get max FE when you drive your car @ 80 km/ hr. I did this on Pune-Mum run-in period where I was trying to avoid breaking 80km/ hr. To be honest , I got tempted & drove @ 100km /hr for a distance. I got a FE of 19.9 km /hr :eek:

Some little things which were not covered above

Intelligent Programming
    -> If you have switched on the heater & engine is not hot enough to provide you hot air, the blower speed would be set to minimum & the moment engine is hot enough, the blower speed increases :wow
    -> Theater Dimmed Courtesy Light : They switch on, the moment you take out keys from the key slot (where all these guys have put a sensor :idea: ) & switch off the moment you start the electrical of the car.
    ->Follow Me Headlamps : The headlight can be switched on for upto 3 & 1/2 mins after you switch off the engine of the car. They can be helpfull in guiding you the path while parking in dark. They switch off automatically.
    -> The Theatre lights can be automatically switched off after 20 mins if you forget to switch it off in manual mode.
    ->All buttons have an orange color backlight even the usb socket in the glove box. The rear power windows light also switch off when they are disabled from driver's side.
    -> If the front wiper are on & you engage the reverse gear, the rear wipers are automatically activated

->The Gp har rear ac vents below the front seats. They get activated, when foot level vent is activated.
    -> The car gives a audible warning if it touches a speed of 4km/hr & the handbrakes are on
    -> The car doors will lock everytime the car touches a speed of 20km/hr.
    -> The mic for BLUE&ME is placed behind the rearview mirror.
    -> The outside temperature sensor is placed on the left side view mirror
    -> The rear-view mirror is a Day & Night mirror. where the glare of cars behind can be dimmed. A common feature but I did not find this in Ritz ZXI :shock:
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

You should have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24

Chaos.
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Excellent and well written posts! I was surprised to hear about the flatbed truck!
  5. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Thank u Countrock & all other guys!!

Even I was surprised to see flat-bed trucks.

On a different note... Do u know guys know how to edit the previous post? I'm unable to do it. I want to make some corrections!!
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Excellent review and after reading I am getting more proud about my choice.
  7. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hello! Great Review,Is this a Petrol car and you are getting FE of 14-15/l in City+Highway?
    Any information on City only?
  8. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    @SAF_RoadWarrior

Thanks! Yes Mine is a petrol car. I get a FE of 14-15km/l in City + Highway. Actually it's mainly city but I stay in Pimpri Chinwad where there is not much traffic.

In actual city conditions like in Mumbai I have got mileage of 11-12 km/l
  9. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Optimise Mileage by moderate driving

I drive quite conservatively so I thought I should pen down few pointers which can help users get a better mileage
    - Don't accelerate too much in 1st & 2nd gear. I normally up the gear, moment rpm reaches 2000. lesser in 1st-2nd gear. I'm in 5th gear at the speed of 45-50+ km/hr
    -Anticipate when you may have to slow down. Like If I'm driving @50+ km & I see a traffic or red signal ahead, I'll put the gear in neutral & car momentum would let the car cruise. (Remember, not to switch off the engine in neutral as your brakes would stop working)
    - Try not to drive at speeds greater than 80-100. FE decreases drastically in speeds higher than 80-100km/l. I have got a mileage of 19 when i drove at a steady speed of 80-90 on mum-pune expressway during the run-in period.
    - Switch off the engine, If you anticipate longer stops at the signal
  10. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thank you very much,i am in USA, but I also live in PCMC near Jamthani Chawk :)
    Where did you buy this car from?Any discount or (corporate/dealer) and freebies they offer?How is the ASS..Can you please share? :car