1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto 1.4 Emo Pk

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by mhitesh, Apr 17, 2011.

1. kartikail

kartikail

Mumbai
    Nice color mate.. and you will get used to the buttons soon, and once you do, am sure you gonna love it everytime you get behind the steering wheel.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @tony, bring your corolla here we will make a group of FOX TROTE AZURE!!::T:) @mhitesh dude im also having FOX TROTE AZURE Linea. Im in love cause of this color!! no offence but i feel that our F.T.A. gives best shades on sharp,curvy lines!! check out pics in my ownership review. Specially pics flicked by CANNON! http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1542-FIAT-%96LINEA-are-you-the-chosen-one/page2
    and pics of meet at mulund kelakar collage http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1542-FIAT-%96LINEA-are-you-the-chosen-one/page4
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am srsly in luv with my punto, sometimes I just sit inside the car with music on to feel the car from inside. FTA is really a cool color.

BTW Nice clicks.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Tron for sure if India was close by to Kuwait like, Saudi, Dubai, bahrain would have definitely got it during my vacation buddy, Thats why we selected MG for my Punto as both the colors are my favourite, check out for my new pictures of the corolla in the hangout section, i have seen the pictures of your car and Aarons also meet at mulund kelakar collage.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @tony, sorry it was for mhitesh not for you...anyways how doing these days tony?
    sry im:eek:fftopic
  6. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have driven my Punto for 500Kms until now as my travel is not much, however I feel that the engine is not so silent and I hear some noise in the cabin. Being a Petrol Engine I feel it is throwing more noise than it should.

Is it because the engine is relatively new? The current avg I am getting is 8.8 - 8.9Kms with 100% AC ON, I hope this will improve as the car is driven more and more.

I am thinking of getting the Parking sensors fitted as the parking in my building is very narrow and there are chances of hitting something anytime, should I go with the sensors from the FIAT dealership or should I get it done from outside?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hitesh, the engine will become more silent by the end of 3000-5000Kms. Regarding parking sensors, I would recommend getting it done at TASC as they search for a reason to void the warranty in most of the cases. This is purely my opinion.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @mhitesh , i agree with paddleshifter. TASS guys really search for one little reason to void warranty! & 1 more suggestion that go for black colored sensors or if you got them in fox trote then its best!
    by the way when you have free time?? lets catch up on some day..or tell me if you are coming to mulund, i can arrange a little meet in mulund as well...aaron,ankiket & couple of more guys can join us
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah Hitesh, the engine will run smooth and the FE will increase as you are basically in Airoli so no Bumper to bumper traffic as in Mumbai. If you are going to do anything for the Punto just do it from the TASS as said by paddleshifter they are eagerly waiting to avoid the warranty.
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was thinking of writing about how I got my Punto for long but didn't get time to write a big story

I was planning a car from almost over 2 years. My monthly running is between 500-700Kms, max exceeding to 800 so Diesel was not an option for me.I was waiting for the Honda Jazz to arrive, but Jazz proved overpriced and I almost gave up on buying the car.

My brother has a swift and I really loved the car specially its throttle response and it was something diferent from other Maruti cars. Then again after a few months I thought of looking for options and begin reading thru forums, sites, personal reviews, previews and stuff.

When I had finally thought of buying a car I shifted out of Mumbai for a few months which again hit my decision of buying a car, but I was still searching and researching. Punto and Linea were always on my Mind but Linea proved to be out of budget.

I test drove the Punto from Galaxy Mulund, I had however asked him to bring the 1.4 Emo Pk and he got me the 1.3 Emo Pk diesel and was trying to convince me to buy diesel. I told him to call me after a couple of weeks since I have to think over it and calculate my budget.

In the meanwhile I chose a job outside Mumbai, so so gave up the plan to buy a car again.

Doing my research I test drove almost all the cars with my friend or relative since I was a Newbie. I chose the following cars for Test drive.

Maruti : Swift
    Ford Figo
    Tata Indica Vista, Manza
    Volkswagen Polo
    Nissan Micra
    Skoda Fabia
    Chevy : Beat
    Hyundai : i20

I had this in my mind if I am unable to decide from this stable, I will blindly opt for the swift since it is a proven car. Till this time I just had Punto on my mind due to its design. My friend had an Indica Vista and he recommended me to go the Punto and not worry about ASS and used to tell me that what major issues will a car give you and ASS will be once in 4-6 months thing.

I had enquired about Figo in Mumbai and the Sales person used to call me every now and then and I was tired of telling him that I have moved out and won't be buying a car for the next few months so he should stop calling me, but he used to call and call me every 15 days.

The first showroom I visited with another colleague was for Vista since he was interested in the Vista. I didn't and still don't like the looks of the Vista and its design, but interiors are spacious though. I liked the interiors of the Manza and the features it gave, my friend almost changed his mind and wanted to go for the Manza...but he had to later drop out of his plans for a car since he opted for a house.
    There in the showroom was Grande Punto 1.2 Emo Tuscan Wine looked beautiful and always attracted me, we enquired about the car, checked the features, but bad luck since the test car was not available for the next couple of hours. The showroom guy promised me to get the car in the evening or whenever I wanted and was ready to offer some good discounts. Shared my details and left.

The next showroom we visited was Nissan for Micra and It was recently launched. There were a couple of cars available for test and a couple on Display, however there was no one to attend since all execs were busy or seemed to be busy. This pissed me off and I complained after which someone came to attend. The top model of Micra was attractive and had loads of features and the chrome finishes inside the car appeared good. However on the center and base model there were hardly any features. We took the test drive however the back space of the car was not convincing and the gear shifts didn't seem good and overall the car was cramped and appeared a bit girly. No respone from the showroom guys asking how was the drive and feedback.

The same day we went for the Polo. The car looked good from the outside, however there was again no one to attend. The atmosphere inside seemed like "Help Yourself, We are not interested" I had to catch hold of one or the other guy asking for features and they would then run away. I had to wait for the brochure for almost 30 mins and knowing about the waiting period of 4 months I almost thought of giving up on Polo, plus Polo doesn't have a good height. The boot opener of the polo was really attractive and wise, however considering and thinking about the waiting period plus maintenance costs of the VW gave it up.

Decided to go and check the i20, but when we reached the showroom was almost about to close, so we thought of skipping it and check out later next weekend.
    Before next weekend arrived, I planned to move back to Mumbai and then gave up the idea to purchase a car for the next few months.

Moved back to Mumbai and joined a new office, made some friends and came to know that they are looking for new cars as well. This again sparked my interest and I again decided to have a look. Started checking out the cars again on various sites, reading reviews and waiting for new launches.

I remembered the Ford guy, gave him a call and he remembered me and promised to send a test car, but that was the last time I heard from him. By this time I had given up on Tata, Ford, Chevy, VW, Skoda.

Evaluated my options again and this time I thot of

Maruti Swift, Ritz.
    Hyundai i20, i10.

I used to check up a lot of sites for new launches and was waiting for Etios to launch as when I had enquired they had said that the Sedan and Hatch will be launched together. Alas that didn't happen.

Then I thought of waiting for the Honda Brio and finally came to come that Etios Liva and Honda Brio will be launched on March 17, 2011 but due to the Tsunami in Japan both the launches were cancelled and Toyota Etios had a huge waiting period plus I didn't like the Interior fit and finish of the Etios.

Finally decided to give a last shot to the test drives of Ritz, i20 and i10. I didn't want to go for the Swift now since there was already one car in the family.

I reviewed up for a few dealers in and around my area and found Modi Hyundai to be one of the promising ones.

I called up one of my relative who has a good experience driving cars and told him to come with me to test drive the i20 and Ritz. Since he has a swift he was trying to push me to buy the Swift.

I called Modi Hyundai Thane enquiring about the i20 and test drive availability, I was assured of a test drive but I will have to visit the showroom for the same. I agree and both of us left for the showroom. Upon reaching there no one was ready to attend and when finally one sales guy attended he just stood still and was only responding to questions asked by me. Checked about the availabilty and he said maximum 25 days and i20 now has the Bluetooth feature, however there will be no discounts and no freebies.
    I asked him for the test drive, he said that there is no car available for test drive and the car will be available only after 3 days. I asked him so what is he doing with customers who are asking for a test drive and in the first place why did he call me when there was no car available for test drive. He said that the test car is out for repairs and currently no one is being offered a test drive. I was not convinced with his answer and I came out of the showroom, to my surprise I found not one but two test cars outside the showroom. I thought better not to buy from Modi.

On the next weekend I called up Automotive, Nerul and asked for a test drive of the Ritz, they asked me to come to the showroom as it was a Sunday and test drive canno't be offered at home. We went to Automotive and where I was told that there is a discount on the Ritz of 25K or a Sony LCD offer. I first asked for a test drive, however here I was told that all the test cars are at Nerul Gymkhana for some show. I was really pissed, however at the same time one car had come back to the showroom. I was asked to wait for sometime for the test drive to be arranged.

When I saw the car the test car was dirty, had a huge dent on the back and interiors unclean. I thought of test driving the car. First I felt uncomfortable with the car and the car being dirty I was not impressed. I had only thot of the Ritz because of its height as I am above 6'. Out went the Ritz. We then thought of going to Sharayu Hyundai, Juinagar to check the i20. When we came out of Automotive I told my relative that the Tata showroom is next to it, he just jumped and said that he wanted to drive the Punto as he has heard a lot about the car. My heart starting beating faster. All this time I had taken one test drive of the Punto and had read reviews about ASS and other stuff but thot of giving it a second chance.

We Went to Fortune Cars, Nerul and were attended within a few mins. Not a well maintained showroom but courteous. There was no 1.4 petrol to drive and we were offered the 1.3 MJD. My relative took the drive and within a few seconds shouted out of not to think of any other car and Punto has to be the car. We checked with the Sales guy and he was ready to workout the deal. I told him to call me after 2 weeks.

We then thought of going to Sharayu Hyundai for i20, but my relative was all the time speaking about the drive, control, pickup of the MJD and also about the engine. Back in my mind I was thinking looks like it is going to be Punto. Reached Sharayu and asked him for a test drive before he could explain me about the features. He went to search for the test car and said that Asta is not available for a test drive as the car has gone to their other showroom, but he offered me to test drive a Magna. First I drove the Magna and found the pickup to be linear and smooth, gear shifts were pretty good and the interiors are one of the best with the blue lights adding to it. Then my relative took the test drive and he was somehow not impressed with the drive and felt lack of power in the car.

We checked the features, asked for a deal but got no freebies and discount. Asked him to call after 2 weeks as well.

The 2 weeks went buy and I was thinking about Punto / i20. Back in my mind I was thinking will I make a correct choice going for Punto. Then read more details and found about i20 maintenance costs and came to know that the maintenance is high and much higher than Punto plus heard some complaints about the AC and steering as well. Also I wasn't so fascinated with the looks of the i20, it was just the good looking interiors of the car that attracted me.

My parents who had been out for somewhile meawhile came back to town. I told my dad about both the cars, my dad instantly said to go for the Fiat as Fiat is known well for its engines and build quality. Thought of again checking with galaxy motors for a different quote, went to galaxy for a test drive and got the quotation. Told them I have better quotes and they were ready to beat any quotes but were pressing me for a december 2010 car and offering more discounts. I smelled some rat so didn't even think of it and told them I will call them back tomorrow if interested.

There it was, called Fortune Cars, Nerul on the 30th Evening, asked him to come home for a test drive for my family and also get the papers, if everyone is happy we will do the paperwork. Asked him further what more discounts can he provide he did provide me mud flaps, fliming, floor mats. Asked him to offer further discounts then he waived off the Premium color charges of around 5K, plus got Free Insurance, Corporate Discount and some other discounts which we agreed.
    At 6:30 the test car was down the building, did a test drive again with my family and paid the booking amount. Finally got the car delivered without registartion work being done on April 14 (Baisakhi). Registration was completed on 18th since there were too many govt holidays in April. BTW I had called the dealership on 10th April asking them not to do the filming as the car was delivered to the showroom on the same day, however the filming on the sides was already done.

BTW car prices increased on May 01 further saving me over 10K.

I will write an ownership review as soon as I clock 1K Kms, currently I am at 800.